CoCo batter app..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iMackPro, Apr 2, 2011.

1. iMackPro macrumors 6502

Is there anyway i Can use the Coconut battery application on any other devices? (iPhone, iPod touch) I think my batteries are acting weird! and Can anyone tell me if this is normal for my MBP 15"?

Attached Files:

2. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Nope. Coconut Battery was made specifically for battery readings on portable Macs.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, it's normal. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

4. iMackPro thread starter macrumors 6502

i reviewd that article GGJ i just didnt know whether this is a clibration issue or if my battery is simply not holding its charge correctly, but i dont have anything to worry about?

5. Mr Troll macrumors newbie

is there something wrong with your coconut battery app window? (value)

6. iMackPro thread starter macrumors 6502

what are you asking? My battery fully charged is only at 99% and its bugging the hell out of me!

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

That happens all the time. Discharge the battery down to 50 to 75% and then recharge it.

8. iMackPro thread starter macrumors 6502

what if i did it down to zero and let it sit for 5 hours then fully charged it and its still only going to 99%?

9. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Why are you letting it sit for 5 hours?????

I see you’ve only had this a week. You need to just step away from the battery checking for awhile. You must be an iPhone owner. Anyway, you should infrequently let the mac get down to 0% (not more frequent than monthly or so).

10. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Read the section of the FAQ on CHARGING. It explains it quite clearly. You have nothing to worry about.
    Actually, it works if you drain it to around 90-92%.

11. iMackPro thread starter macrumors 6502

because i read somewhere you were supposed to drain your battery, let it sit for 5 hours then recharge it to the max. And it didnt work anyways. but a 99% charge is definitely annoying!

12. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That's only done during calibration. Read the FAQ I posted. It's perfectly normal for it to stop charging at 99%.