Cocoa Image Resources

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by jasongodoy, Jun 5, 2010.

1. jasongodoy macrumors newbie

Does anyone know how or where I can get access to the image resources (tiff or png) of objects such as Push, Rounded Rectangle buttons, etc found in Interface Builder? I've installed developer tools Xcode etc and looked through all the files/folders in the Developer folder, but can't find the images I'm seeking (if they exist at all). I suspect that cocoa buttons are drawn in code. Any help would be great!

Thanks,

J

2. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Good luck with that. Since 10.4, Apple have kept their UI drawing code tightly controlled. Unsanity and others tried to reverse-engineer theming tools for 10.5, with no success, I suspect you will not be able to find UI component images even if you tear /System/Library to shreds.

3. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

Can you post screenshots of what you're referring to?

Most of Apple's UI stuff isn't too hard to replicate in code if there's no easy way to access it, but usually there is.

4. jasongodoy thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Sydde and kainjow. I figured Apple would probably try to lock down their interface controls. I wanted to use some native Mac OS X buttons and controls for a web user interface one of my developer friends is working on. We'll just have to roll our own buttons. Thanks for the help!

J

5. Catfish_Man macrumors 68030

Catfish_Man

Apple would probably regard that as copyright infringement anyway; safest to roll your own.