Cocoa vs Black Silicone

Enrodrehern1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2016
Hello guys, I was wondering if anyone had a picture of the cocoa silicone case on a matte black iPhone. Which one looks better, the cocoa or the black one??

Thanks

Spankey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2007
NJ
Love to see as well. Bought a Cocoa sport band for my SG watch today and the combo is great. Will most likely pick up for the phone too.

Spankey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2007
NJ
You rock Poob! Thanks

It looks like the old gray one. No we just need a pic of the actual black one
[doublepost=1474403600][/doublepost]
You rock! Thanks
It should be darker than the gray and brown. I'm sure color balance and lighting come into play here. I have the cocoa watch band and it looks really sharp on he Apple Watch and is most definitely "cocoa"

I have the black case in hand. It is BLACK. It is no longer charcoal like the old silicone case. There are videos on YouTube of the black case. Really sharp as well.

Reactions: Boardiesboi

Spankey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2007
NJ
Isn't cocoa supposed to be like dark brown or chocolate brown? The pics make it look like it's grey or lavender?
It's definitely a brown. Maybe a brown with a hint of gray but definitely brown. Wife has it on her white iPhone. Thinking of getting it for my iPad. Really love the color.

Reactions: Boardiesboi

heyyitssusan

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2014
It's definitely a brown. Maybe a brown with a hint of gray but definitely brown. Wife has it on her white iPhone. Thinking of getting it for my iPad. Really love the color.
Agree. I have the Ocean Blue on my gold iPhone 7, but am thinking of getting the Cocoa or black one next.

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
Yet you didn't post a pic. o_O
You except him to post a pic of a stranger telling him how good his watch and band look together? I suppose I've heard stranger questions asked on here:D
[doublepost=1476818531][/doublepost]I ordered my coca silicone case from Apple online and it arrived today.

Anyone spot the problem? Other than it is navy blue.
IMG_0090.JPG

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
You except {SIC} him to post a pic of a stranger telling him how good his watch and band look together? I suppose I've heard stranger questions asked on here:D
  • It's a public forum.
  • This is in a thread discussing functionality and aesthetics of cases and other accessories.
  • He bragged about how aesthetically stunning his particular setup is.
I don't think asking for a picture is that out of place.

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
  • It's a public forum.
  • This is in a thread discussing functionality and aesthetics of cases and other accessories.
  • He bragged about how aesthetically stunning his particular setup is.
I don't think asking for a picture is that out of place.
Well that went over your head, read it again. It was a joke:oops:

Reactions: willmtaylor

NAYo2002

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2011
You except him to post a pic of a stranger telling him how good his watch and band look together? I suppose I've heard stranger questions asked on here:D
[doublepost=1476818531][/doublepost]I ordered my coca silicone case from Apple online and it arrived today.

Anyone spot the problem? Other than it is navy blue.View attachment 666404
umm... The iPhone 7 cases don't have black rims around the camera.

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
umm... The iPhone 7 cases don't have black rims around the camera.
Yep, I got an iPhone 6/6s case in an iphone 7 package. The package was not opened.

I contacted apple and have sent it back to them. Amazing apple support yet again.