Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

erdinc27

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2011
I want to create a cocoapod but i dont want it to be public. Only me should use it. So private cocoapods is suitable for my aim or should i create Framework ? Which one is better ? What i want to do is when i send my project to customer or to anybody else then i dont want my classes cant be seen. I mean my special classes. What can i do to hide my code ? Any help will be appreciated.

AxoNeuron

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2012
The Left Coast
A framework is definitely what you want. You can even make it so that the framework will only work for a given app Id, and throws an exception if the app ID isn't correct.

Last edited:

erdinc27

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2011
Actually i thought it so but my boss wants the code to be updated so by that way cocoapod looks suitable also. I read something about private cocoapods but i am not sure if it hides the code like framework does.

AxoNeuron

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2012
The Left Coast
I would just do both. Make a framework and upload the framework to cocoapods. Make sure the private implementation files check the app ID to make sure only the correct apps are using the framework. That should be both very secure and easily updatable for your clients.

erdinc27

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2011
i will try it. Thank you for your answer. But what i want to know is a framework can be uploaded to cocoapods by itself or should i embed the framework i created in a project and upload it to cocoapods by that way ?

erdinc27

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2011
Hey guys. Maybe u remember before i asked about private cocoapods. What i wanted to do is to hide my custom classes's .m files. do i have to create a private pod for it or is there any other way to realize it ?
Any help will be appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.