Coconut Battery in Leopard

creator2456

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago
I have been using Coconut Battery for some time now and I just installed Leopard. I am having a couple issues and just want to make sure its not my machine only.

First off, Coconut is saying that my battery has 5 cycles while it really has 38. System Profiler has the correct number as well as iStat Pro.

Secondly, it is saying that my battery is charging...but without the charger connected (oh how I wish) as seen here.

Are these just program bugs that need to be fixed or a larger problem?

creator2456

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago
yeah, I have the same problem. any alternate (free) apps?
iStat Pro or you can just look in your System Profiler (scroll down). All Coconut Battery is is a nice GUI for it anyways, that's why I'm not worried about it being wrong.

CRAZYBUBBA

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2007
Toronto/Houston
Yes in leopard nothing special just downloaded it
from islayer and works fine if you tell us how to post a pic i'll show you the stats oh and i keep it updated
with appfresh
shift+apple+4 then drag the mouse over to where you want to start capturing. Click and hold while you drag to the other corner of what you're capturing and release.. there should be a file called Picture 1 on your desktop.

You can just press shift+apple+3 to capture the whole screen.

aaron.lee2006

macrumors 65816
Feb 23, 2006
Ontario, Canada
CoconutBattery also stopped working for me when I upgraded to Leopard. As soon as I downgraded back to Tiger, CoconutBattery began to function properly again.

CRAZYBUBBA

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2007
Toronto/Houston
I wish i could give you the answer,but like i said ive
done nothing special as in changed any settings
maybe theres been a update for it since you downloaded your version try that
i've just checked the website:

iStat pro 4.5 new features:

<snip>
Fixed bugs with battery section and 10.5
:)

edit: still doesn't work for me

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.