Coconutbattery Help!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MBP13Guy25, Jun 14, 2010.

1. MBP13Guy25 macrumors newbie

This morning I went to my local apple store to get an exchange of the macbook pro 13 I had yesterday cos it was a defective item..so they gave me a "new one". I downloaded coconutbattery, it tells me it's 6 weeks old and it's already had 4 cycles. I'm running calibration right now. Should I worry about it? 4 cycles....or am I just being too uptight about it? Can apple replace it free since it's had 4 cycle? Or can I run a reinstallation of OSX CD? LOL.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I wouldn't accept a new battery that already had 4 cycles on it. However, it's not a big deal when compared to the number of cycles a battery is good for. Reinstalling Mac OS X won't accomplish anything related to the battery.

Apple Notebook Battery FAQ

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

It's okay, and the age is due to the machine being produced some time ago, shipped to your country and stored in some places and then brought to the store you bought it from, which might have stored it too.

Btw, MRoogle will give you one or two dozen hundred of threads about this "cycle and age" issue.

4. Libertine Lush macrumors 6502a

Likewise, I don't believe the age is an issue. Mine said a few weeks old as well.

5. MBP13Guy25 thread starter macrumors newbie

So basically I shouldn't worry too much about it?

Oh and I have another concern:

Verify permissions for “Macintosh HD”
    Permissions differ on "System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Deploy.bundle/Contents/Resources/JavaPluginCocoa.bundle/Contents/Resources/Java/deploy.jar", should be lrwxr-xr-x , they are lrw-r--r-- .
    Permissions differ on "System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Resources/JavaPluginCocoa.bundle/Contents/Resources/Java/deploy.jar", should be -rw-r--r-- , they are lrw-r--r-- .
    Permissions differ on "System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Resources/JavaPluginCocoa.bundle/Contents/Resources/Java/libdeploy.jnilib", should be -rwxr-xr-x , they are lrwxr-xr-x .

What is that? What do I do to get rid of that? Or nothing to be too concern about?