CoD 4 1.7 Patch Problems

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Sean7512, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Sean7512 macrumors 6502a

I just got CoD 4 and I went and downloaded the 1.7 patch update. When I run the patch installer, I get this message "No software could be found to update." It also says I can select a certain file to update, but I am not sure if I want to do that or not. I am not sure why I am having this problem, especially since it is installed to the Applications folder, so I do not know why it is having trouble. Anyone else have this issue as well?

2. Miharu macrumors 6502

Miharu

Did you notice there are two patches for the game, one for the disc-based version and one for the digitally distributed version? You have to download the correct patch or it won't work.

3. Sean7512 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, I did download the correct version. I downloaded the retail version, as I got the game from the Apple Store in the mall. Unless the file is linked wrong or something.... I'll try downloading it from a different website and try again.

4. Sean7512 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nope, still does not work.

Maybe the CD already installed version 1.7? How do I check if the game already has it? I got the game for Christmas, so I suppose it is a new copy.

5. bokdol macrumors 6502a

bokdol

yes you do want to select the application. you can select both after you pick the single player app. you can the select again to do the multi player app. then patch them both at once. at least thats what i did.

6. Hydroxs macrumors regular

Make sure you download and install 1.6 first because 1.7 needs you to update to 1.6 first.

7. Miharu macrumors 6502

Miharu

Not needed, I patched my retail version (1.5) straight to 1.7 without any issues.

8. Hydroxs macrumors regular

Really? The 1.6 patch added new maps along with fixes and is around 280mb while the 1.7 patch fixes exploit and is about 38mb.

9. Miharu macrumors 6502

Miharu