CoD 4 Mac Ship Date set

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Aranince, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Aranince macrumors 65816

2. mclaughj macrumors member

mclaughj

Yes!!

I'm so glad there's an official release date! I purchased this game from Apple this morning in hope that it would release before what Apple told me (November 3rd)

Can't wait! :apple:

3. Chali427 macrumors newbie

Chali427

Does anyone know if there is a demo coming out sooner?... I want to play it before I buy it.

4. mclaughj macrumors member

mclaughj

I highly doubt it. Aspyr doesn't generally release demos to their games as they are usually ports of windows version. There is however a windows demo of CoD4 here...

After I receive my copy I will post an update on how the gameplay compares to the windows version as I have played the entire single player campaign on windows.

Hope this helps,

mclaughj :apple:

5. Chali427 macrumors newbie

Chali427

Ok thanks mclaughj... thats exactly what I needed to know. I have played the Windows version as well.

6. palebluedot macrumors 6502a

palebluedot

Seeing as its Aspyr I assume there will be a CD check and force you to leave the disc in the drive? :(

7. sammyQc macrumors newbie

sammyQc

Nice ! will play with MBP

ITs about time, they should follow Blizzard and release new games on multiple platform at the same time (starcraft 2 should be that, can't wait for it ;)

so the specs look good, will play with my MBP Core2Duo 2.6 with 4gb ram and 8600/512mb :D

8. pwn247 macrumors 6502

pwn247

Wow! :eek: Glad to see they're not going to Cider this release. When Spore was released, it ran "naively" via Cider (which contradicts itself), and everyone complained about the crap performance. And that's just what it was: crap. Games + Cider = Crap.

So I'm glad to see Activision took the time to port it over to an OS X environment. :D One question though: Will the multiplayer on OS X CoD4 be able to play friendly with the Windows CoD4 guys? :confused:

9. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

TDM21

The last several releases from Aspyr have had cross platform multiplayer and as long as Activision didn't do a major change in how the networking code worked I would assume the answer is yes. Its always fun beating your PC buddies on a Mac.