COD 4 Mac Update Help!?!

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by coopforpm, Apr 28, 2009.

1. coopforpm macrumors newbie

Hey guys,
    Recently 'purchased' COD4 for my new alu macbook. Works PERFECTLY.. few weeks and I'm level 45 in multiplayer! Love this game!

I really want to update with patches but have been unable to find any patches other than the 1.7 patch.

There is little to no information concerning this on the net so i need help!!

Coop.

2. bkarabel macrumors member

I have unibody mbp ( 2.4/4 gig ram/320 7200rpm hd ) and i have cod 4, sometimes it pauses, it is not as smooth as xbox 360 version. What setting do you play on? I`ve tried with 9400 and with 9600 ( dedicated vram ) same thing. And, you can download the patch from apple support page, just type cod4 in the search box.

3. Hydroxs macrumors regular

Cracked copy? Isn't that illegal to talk about on the forums?

4. coopforpm thread starter macrumors newbie

HHHeelp

Ok, thanks guys.. Just found out that 1.7 is the first patch for mac, you dont have to go like 1.1 to 1.2 to 1.3 etc.

Next problem is that when I go to install the patch it comes up with an error.. something like it isnt fully installed and reinstalling might fix it.

There is little to NO CHANCE that i will risk losing my rating.. therefore im not reinstalling it until im sure!

Any advice?

5. itouch rulz macrumors regular

I want to do the same but don't want to mess up the installation as it is working fine.

Which 1.7 patch did you use the retail (boxed) version patch or the digital download version patch?

I'm interested to see how you solve this. Sorry I'm no help.

6. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

You should probably know that your can't patch pirated software in most cases.

7. NoNameBrand macrumors 6502

The game's on sale till tomorrow via Aspyr's online store. Why don't you buy it, and stop bootlegging software?

8. hotwire macrumors newbie

Thanks for mentioning the sale, I saved about 10 bucks vs buying it from Amazon.

9. urdow macrumors newbie

hey did you fixed it that you can update ur cod 4 to 1.7?
    pleas tell me if u do and how u did it
    thanks

10. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

There's a new 1.7.1 update available. It improves anti-alias performance and enables shadows for all ATI cards.

11. Brad Oliver macrumors regular

Upgrade your 'purchase' to a purchase and the 1.71 patch should install. Otherwise you're just making me sad.

12. PodPacker macrumors regular

PodPacker

Do you play on Game Ranger?

I'm on as Hail. Add me to your Buddy Lists.

[​IMG]