Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tse14

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 12, 2011
Hi, I just recently downloaded CoD: 4 Modern Warfare through the App store, and have version 1.7 and when i go on mulitplayer mode and go to join a game, there is no servers available. I have my server mode for internet, instead of local, etc, but still nothing. Even if I refresh I get nothing. Help! :(

AspyrRyan

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2011
Austin, TX
You may need to refresh multiple times to get the servers to come up. If you still have no luck, put in a ticket at support.aspyr.com or give them a call at 512-708-8100 on Mon-Fri 10AM-6PM CST. There may be certain ports that need to be open in your firewall to see them.

Tse14

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 12, 2011
I have refreshed many times, and still nothing, I also sent an e-mail to aspyr support, just to inform them on the situation I have and My firewall isn't even turned on, so all incoming connections go through.

harveypooka

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2004
Hi, I just recently downloaded CoD: 4 Modern Warfare through the App store, and have version 1.7 and when i go on mulitplayer mode and go to join a game, there is no servers available. I have my server mode for internet, instead of local, etc, but still nothing. Even if I refresh I get nothing. Help! :(

Google for a COD4 server IP address and try connecting that way? If it works, at least you can game for the time being.

bugz000

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2011
Hello there,

i have been having this exact same problem, each time a re-install helped, but damn, its annoying...

so on one re-install, it happened, so i went to my favorites, joined a map but got kicked out (people do this to "own" a server for 1v1's), so i refreshed the list, nothing... tried to join this map again and was kicked out before i could even choose a team!

went back to the list, and WHAM! SERVERS!?!

recently, its happened again, and with this in mind, i joined the same server, left, and nothing happened... so i joined it again, chose a team, on the "choose class" page, i hit escape and left the game, what d'ya know?
WHAM! SERVERS!

i have NO explaination on how this works, but it has twice, and i hope it continues to work.

other people have been having problems with their Servercache.dat file changing to some new server which Defaults to "Quick - Refresh" so, here is my fully working Servercache file with that lifesaving server in its favorites slot, although it may work with all servers, for the ones who have an empty favorites page, or some other potential problem with their servercache file;

(this file is hosted at home so i can update it/change it without having to re-post on every damn forum i post this message on, spread this message around too!)

http://Bugz000.no-ip.info/Files/servercache.dat

Thankyou for your time, if you have ANY problems at all, please dont hesitate to email me at Bugzy000@hotmail.co.uk

Last edited:

SyncFx

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Its a common issues, even on PC, as I just recently switched to a mac from a PC, I installed CoD4 on mac and the same issues occurs, Master Server showing nothing, just wait it out, they should appear within a few hours or the next day even, don't worry they'll show up soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.