OS X Cod 4 Problems - iMac 21.5 - vs windows

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by mrb1246, Feb 7, 2014.

1. mrb1246 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I has just downloaded Call of Duty 4 from the app store onto my 21.3 iMac, under the impression i would be able to play against people on pc's. I've been trying to play with my brother on our home network but when i create the server and he connects he gets the error : main/iw_12.iwd is different from the server and when he creates and i connect i get the error: code_post_gfx_amp.ff is different from the server.

Nay help would be great, thanks.

2. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

I thought cross-platform play was only possible with the Steam version, not the MAS.

3. Dirtyharry50 macrumors 68000

Dirtyharry50

If he is running COD4 on Steam, I would try having him create a passworded server on the Internet and you try connecting to that. This assumes you both have Internet access and he is running with the Steam version. Actually, no matter what version he has you might try that anyway.

The only other thing I can think of is that you have the most current version of the game and he does not. Perhaps his is a DVD install without the most current patch?

That's all I can think of. Hope it helps.

4. Aspyr-Blair macrumors 6502

CoD4 for the Mac is cross platform regardless of MAS or Steam versions.

Dirty is right, its possible you guys are on different version #'s. Also make sure you arent using any mods or custom maps that may not be available on the Mac version.