CoD 4 retail in Mac App Store?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by singhy44, Jan 16, 2011.

1. singhy44 macrumors member

So I bought CoD 4 for my Mac a while ago, on disc, and then it became unplayable once I moved to Snow Leopard, which the developers weren't going to do anything about.
    The version in the App Store requires Snow Leopard, so I presume it's a newer version.
    The problem is that it refuses to call my copy 'Installed' on the store, so I can't update or anything. Basically all I want to do is be able to play MW on my Mac, without buying it again from the Mac App Store. Any ideas?

2. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

It isn't a 'newer' version. It will be exactly the same, just made to fit Apple's App Store rules (ie. one app, downloaded files contained elsewhere, etc...).

The only reason it requires 10.6.6 is due to the fact that you need 10.6.6 to have the Mac App Store.

In other words, there is no need to re-buy. There is no need to try and get your copy recognised by the App Store. It's exactly the same thing. And a bit pricey too might I add.

3. singhy44 thread starter macrumors member

But then how does the MAS version work on Snow Leopard when my copy is unplayable and Aspyr said they won't patch it?

4. archurban macrumors 6502a

archurban

if somebody will buy it through mac app store, he or she will be stupid. why is the price still $49.99? it is like $29.99 something in retail store. don't buy it. go to retail mall, buy it.

5. nOw2 macrumors regular

Disagree based on convenience. DVDs, even Blurays are cheaper than iTunes, but I haven't bought one in years.

6. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

A lot of people are having problems with the MAS version too.

7. marshallbedsaul macrumors 6502a

marshallbedsaul

is there a controller I can buy to play this on my pro?