COD:Black ops on late 08 MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Dontdothat317, Dec 24, 2010.

1. Dontdothat317 macrumors member

Is anyone running black ops via boot camp on a late 08 macbook pro? I've got windows 7 professional, 4 gigs of low latency ram, a 7200rpm hard drive and the 8600M GT with 512mb. The game is absolutely not playable online. Like not at all. Graphics settings are so low the game looks about as sophisticated as Return to Castle Wolfenstein. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I have a copy of MW2 installed, and single player special ops runs great, even with medium-ish graphics. It looks a LOT better than black ops and runs smoothly, even when there's 25 guys running at me in a tight space. Is BO that much more demanding than MW2? or is it the multiplayer aspect? I don't get it. Can anyone please share your experiences with me if you are trying to run BO on a late 08MBP.

I've tried setting affinity for steam to core 0, and BO to core 1, and affinity high for BO. No improvement. Graphics everything is low, no AA or AF. :mad:

2. thetruth1985 macrumors 6502

Well if you do a little googling, you will find out the black ops ir poorly optimized for the pc. Supposedly, a patch is coming to fix this but until then, I suggest you play another game. It runs like crap even on my 2009 with the 9600gt.