Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

insane79

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 20, 2008
Hi Guys,
I went through Black Ops threads on the steam forum & found this Petition for bringing blacks ops2 for the mac,
I have signed on it & hopefully this brings Cod black ops2 for us mac gamers.

Cheers..

Edit-
Link of petition has been removed as its bogus :confused:

Last edited:

Dirtyharry50

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2012
I would be interested in hearing from Blair at Aspyr if they are aware of this petition and have agreed to it as the petition's creator claims in the post linked above.

In any case, signing a petition for a good cause is harmless enough until they want my home mailing address and phone number. That's not happening.

Janichsan

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2006
I'd rather have them spent their time porting more worthwhile games instead of the annual CoD rehash.

insane79

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 20, 2008
yes the owner of this petition says that, can Blair from Aspyr at least comment if this is true or bs?

Thanks..

Solomani

macrumors 601
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
I'd rather have them spent their time porting more worthwhile games instead of the annual CoD rehash.

Interesting. What games do you consider more 'worthwhile' than CodBlops2?

I really am curious. Of course this is all subjective.

Me personally, I wish that Mac porting houses like Aspyr would spend some time porting AAA MMOs like SWTOR to OSX.

insane79

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 20, 2008

i guess you not into fps doesn't mean COD are not worth it, ask any member here who are fps players how COD is in gameplay, when it comes to first person shooter nothing can touch call of duty series hand down. :cool:

GoldfishRT

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2014
Somewhere
i guess you not into fps doesn't mean COD are not worth it, ask any member here who are fps players how COD is in gameplay, when it comes to first person shooter nothing can touch call of duty series hand down. :cool:

Counter Strike would like to have a word with you.

Frankly, I'd also think that porting a two year old Call of Duty game would be a waste of time. If they're going to do CoD, they may as well focus on Advanced Warfare.

Janichsan

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2006
Interesting. What games do you consider more 'worthwhile' than CodBlops2?

I really am curious. Of course this is all subjective.
Wolfenstein: The New Order for instance. Or Shadow Warrior. Far Cry 3. Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel! (which is actually coming). Or why the heck not Titanfall?

And if we go beyond first-person shooters, Dark Souls. South Park: The Stick of Truth. Valiant Hearts. Company of Heroes 2. Dishonored. Or even though I'm not into Bethesda's RPGs, Fallout 3 and/or Skyrim would also important games to port. There are tons of games far more interesting than any recent CoD.

See above and tell me once more I'm not into fps.

Last edited:

Dirtyharry50

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2012
Wolfenstein: The New Order for instance. Or Shadow Warrior. Far Cry 3. Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel! (which is actually coming). Or why the heck not Titanfall?

And if we go beyond first-person shooters, Dark Souls. South Park: The Stick of Truth. Valiant Hearts. Company of Heroes 2. Dishonored. Or even though I'm not into Bethesda's RPGs, Fallout 3 and/or Skyrim would also important games to port. There are tons of games far more interesting than any recent CoD.

You make many excellent suggestions above in my opinion but in fairness, Call of Duty is a hugely popular series of FPS games and since many people do like them their personal requests and priorities have as much merit as anyone else's.

If the game in question was something obscure, I could better understand seeing it as a low priority compared to others but that is not the case here.

----------

Counter Strike would like to have a word with you.

Frankly, I'd also think that porting a two year old Call of Duty game would be a waste of time. If they're going to do CoD, they may as well focus on Advanced Warfare.

I would disagree there as some people really enjoy the single player game in each of these too along with the multiplayer. With their popularity they have enough staying power to still be worthwhile purchases well after release even if they are not the most current iteration.

I just checked Steam stats (5:35 EST US) so not prime time and found the following:

Call of Duty Black Ops II multiplayer has 5,701 players currently and is number thirty on the top 100 list at the moment. (peak 8,853)

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 multiplayer has 3,731 players currently (peak 6,328)

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer has 2,755 players currently (peak 4,408)

Granted, the above numbers are dwarfed by the big hits CS: Global Offensive, TF2, etc. but there's no shortage of people to play with. Interestingly, COD Ghosts came in behind both Black Ops II and MW3 in online players. So much for a newer title having more players. Ghosts had 3,540 (peak 4,110)

Multiplayer aside though, again I wouldn't discount the appeal of the COD single player experience to many as well.

Last edited:

insane79

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 20, 2008

Oops, Sorry didn't mean to start a war here as i keep the war part in the COD games :D I can see you pretty much love your fps games, i m sure there are COD fans(including me) out there who want almost all the COD games on osx , i want black ops2, advance warfare & Ghosts, i want it ALL :cool:

Cheers..

Aspyr-Blair

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2012
Austin Tx
Love this thread!

Ok...I dont specifically remember "supporting" the petition, but I totally would have. We love it when gamers request titles and petitions are good fun:apple:

insane79

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 20, 2008
Love this thread!

Ok...I dont specifically remember "supporting" the petition, but I totally would have. We love it when gamers request titles and petitions are good fun:apple:

Finally a reply From Mr Blair :cool: Yes we will make petitions & will request titles as long as we get direct replies & feedback straight from the developers :apple:
Hope to see COD Black Ops2 on osx soon..

Aspyr-Blair

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2012
Austin Tx
HAHAHAHA...I just now looked at the petition. No, none of our companies agreed to do anything based on the petition. Gotta love the dude's tenacity tho :)

We'd love to see BLOPS II on the Mac too...anything is possible! Truth be told however, we are buried in some new exciting stuff right now ;)

Dirtyharry50

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2012
HAHAHAHA...I just now looked at the petition. No, none of our companies agreed to do anything based on the petition. Gotta love the dude's tenacity tho :)

We'd love to see BLOPS II on the Mac too...anything is possible! Truth be told however, we are buried in some new exciting stuff right now ;)

Oooooo... new and exiting stuff... You tease!!!

But yeah, I hope you will get around to Black Ops II in time. A friend of mine told me the single player is awesome in the game and my nephew raves about the multiplayer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.