Cod - Mw2

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Freis968, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Freis968 macrumors 6502a

Freis968

Anyone know what could be causing this? I am using an iMac Intel, white version, with an ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 graphic card, drivers are up to date with 11/17/09 update. That card is listed on the back of the box with being compatible...so any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. Quad5Ny macrumors 6502a

Quad5Ny

Ignore what I have below, instead read this Thread - http://forums.modernwarfare247.com/index.php?/topic/8435-text-unreadable/

==================
    ==================

Your not alone with the distorted text issues. Based on searching Google, its a ATI issue with legacy(older) cards. So try updating using the files below, if that doesn't work, wait for a update from Infinity Ward and/or ATI or maybe a work around from another clever user.

DirectX Runtime Updates -
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/7/1/1718CCC4-6315-4D8E-9543-8E28A4E18C4C/dxwebsetup.exe

I also suggest Uninstalling(through Add-Remove programs, NOT the device manager) and reinstalling your video card drivers. I know it sounds stupid, but its worth a try. Links below -

ATI WinXP(All Versions) 32/64 Latest Driver Download Page
    ATI Vista/Win7 32/64 Latest Driver Download Page

Note: Choose THE Catalyst Software Suite not the WDM Driver!

If you have the Steam version you can also try Defragmenting your cache files, and Verifying the integrity of the cache. The 'Cache' is just what steam calls your game install.

1. From the My Games tab/Window, right-click on the game and select Properties
    2. In the Properties window select the Local Files tab
    3. Click Verify integrity of game cache
    4. Wait for the operation to finish
    3. Click Defragment cache files
    4. Wait for the operation to finish

-Quad

3. Freis968 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Freis968

Thanks for the help!

So stupid to have to jump through all those hoops to get the darn game working right!

There are no latest drivers for the ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 on the ATI website, so whoever said that is crazy on that thread. The latest one that Windows will download automatically is 8.5 from 2008.

4. Quad5Ny macrumors 6502a

Quad5Ny

I didn't see that you had the Mobile version of the Radeon. You should be able to download the ATI MobilityModder and patch the latest desktop drivers to work with your x1600 Mobile.

Read the WHOLE thread I linked you to, it tells you. :rolleyes:

It should be safe, if it doesn't work you can always reboot into safe mode (hold F8 before the windows logo) and uninstall the drivers.

If not, your going to be waiting until the next version of Bootcamp for new video card drivers and that's IF apple includes a updated version of them. It's a shame you don't have a mobile nVidia card, because they offer drivers directly on their site.

5. chrisworld macrumors member

I know this thread is old but I came across it just now and want to share my experiences. I had the same problem, and eventually found the driver that works. The latest driver IS from 2008 that works, but there is another generic Mobility driver that is from 2009 which solves all the garbeled text problems.

Assuming OP never did find help or one that works:

I can't seem to find the original place where I got the driver, but here is a link to a re upload of the file. It works flawlessly. Only thing you should do to get the best frames out of the game on this old card are to set the resolution to 800x600 on 4:3 ratio and AA to x16. The game will still look and run very very well.

http://www.filefront.com/16426331/9-3-mobile_xp32_dd_ccc_enu-1.exe

Here's the game running fine on my mac. Attached below.

Attached Files:

6. Freis968 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Freis968

I ran across that Driver Modder tool on the internet and followed the instructions VERY VERY closely and that did the trick.

The text is fine now...thanks for the replies!