Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

novocaineuser

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2007
Hey guys,

As I wait to get my hands on CoD2, I got out my old copy of CoD1. Having only played it on much slower G5 towers, I am amazed at how well it plays on my dual 3Ghz Mac Pro with X1900 XT. Absolutely beautiful, and with very little frame jumping. Anyway, I was happily playing along in SP when I get to the bridge where I'm supposed to plant the explosives to blow up the train. Well, two of the ladders will not work. I can't go up or down, and you can't complete the mission otherwise. Also, the water looks very strange like it wasn't loaded properly. I know CoD1 is not supported on an Intel-Mac, but I'm wondering if:
1. Has anyone else tried this and had the same problem?
2. If so, can you fix it?
3. Where are the save files? (just in case I need to reinstall the games).

I did try to re-install and it doesn't seem to work.

Thanks for your help to a very casual gamer.

Cheers,
Stone

Hmac

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2007
Midwest USA
Can't help you with that, but I can say that COD 2 Mac version works great, and COD 4 pc version via Windows/Boot Camp is astonishing on my 3.0 ghz / X1900XT.

If you think COD is beautiful, COD 4 will bring tears to your eyes.

novocaineuser

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2007
Can't help you with that, but I can say that COD 2 Mac version works great, and COD 4 pc version via Windows/Boot Camp is astonishing on my 3.0 ghz / X1900XT.

If you think COD is beautiful, COD 4 will bring tears to your eyes.

I was debating on CoD 4.... I really like WWII games and wasn't sure about the new one - especially since I used to play a bunch of Tom Clancy games - but I may have to pick it up now. Thanks for the reply!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.