COD4 crashing with battery power

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by MowingDevil, Feb 23, 2009.

1. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

What the heck?
    Whenever I run COD4 on the battery it starts to screw up royally. First of all it starts to get laggy...then sometimes the keyboard will stopp working and when you press a button nothing happens in the game but you hear an alert type sound. Then inevitably the MBP goes to sleep or crashes.

Anyone else notice similar issues? When I run it off the AC power its totally fine. :confused:

2. jakeguy99 macrumors regular

jakeguy99

Mostlikely the battery, it says it is fully charged, but it will end up dying within 10 or 15 minutes. Also your performance for your computer will decrease on battery to try and save the battery life. You can change the settings in the top right corner. If it keeps happening i would call apple and get a new battery.

3. aluminumapple macrumors regular

another issue could be that you are running the game on too high of a performance.

4. BertyBoy macrumors 6502

If the laptop tries to save power when on battery, for PPC anyway, it would run the CPU at half speed, or slower.

Open up System Profiler (or even About This Mac) when you're just on battery.

5. MowingDevil thread starter macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

Well maybe thats just it.......I know running the 9600 can kill the battery early but surely its good for 2 hours? ....now is that 2 hours of browsing the internet or 2 hours of COD4? I'll test it tonight and time exactly how long it lasts before crapping out.