COD4: Do I need another shooter?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by floyde, Mar 3, 2008.

1. floyde macrumors 6502a

floyde

Considering that 80% of my 360 games are fps (COD2, Halo3, GOW-Not fps but shooter nontheless, Bioshock), is COD4 good enough for me to warrant the purchase of yet another shooter? What do you guys think? :confused:

I tried diversifying by getting Dead Rising, but that didn't go too well, I guess I should just give in to the fps frenzy. Anyway, I want (need) Mass Effect as well, so I'm not sure what to do.

2. design-is macrumors 65816

design-is

CoD4 on PC is great! Well worth the upgrade IMO...

However, I fundamentally disagree with FPS on consoles... a keyboard and mouse makes it all so much more enjoyable :)

3. chadrob30 macrumors 6502

chadrob30

Yes....you NEED COD 4 in your library. You won't regret it.

4. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

You definitely need COD4, and I mean NEED! That is seriously the only game I need. If I had to play 1 game for the rest of my life, that would be it. I have over 2 days online time (not to mention beating the campaign 3 times, on veteran too), and it is nowhere near getting old. One of my friends has some of the games you mentioned, like Halo 3, and also Mass Effect, and he says halo 3 is boring compared to COD, and has over 10 days playing time online! This game sets the bar too high for other games :D

5. chadrob30 macrumors 6502

chadrob30

↑ Yup, what he said! It will be game of the year too.

6. floyde thread starter macrumors 6502a

floyde

OMG I'm getting all exited now hehe :D. I just hope they still have a copy at the store :eek:

7. irbdavid macrumors regular

irbdavid

I need to buy this I think. But then again, I still can't shake off playing Day of Defeat: Source for an hour or two a day.

Sad really when you realise how rare "good" games seem to be these days...

8. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I'm assuming you have Xbox Live, because the game is basically good for nothing more than a rent if you don't have Live.

9. floyde thread starter macrumors 6502a

floyde

Yeah I've got that covered ;). Now I just need to find the game. I think I'm gonna go look for it after work.

10. JEB229 macrumors member

I played Halo3 all the time until I got COD4, then it pretty much took over my life. The game is great all around. The only thing I wish they had was a guest mode like in Halo for when I have friends over who want to play too.

11. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Yes! Nobody seems to want this feature, but I would love it! And what would be even better (I am praying for this, although it would only work on a PS3), is that if you could "sign in" to your PSN account while at a friends house and level up your character alongside your friend who is leveling up your character. This would work great, since you can access your PSN account on anybody with online access of their PS3.

12. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

It came out last year ;). I think it already won some awards. I was going to get CoD4 but then I got Orange Box instead, I just wanted more single player and TF2 is still pretty fun.

13. chadrob30 macrumors 6502

chadrob30

AHAHAHA! LOL....doh! :D

14. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

I'm getting a 360 as soon as these people on ebay pay me... I already have Halo 3 before I even have the system. Call of Duty 4 is definitely one i should consider?

15. chadrob30 macrumors 6502

chadrob30

Yes. Sell Halo 3 and get COD 4. You'll be much happier.

16. floyde thread starter macrumors 6502a

floyde

Or you can keep both ;). Well I just got the thing and I have to say "Intense" is the word to describe it. I don't like playing the campaign though, it feels like it's going to end at any moment. There's just too much action/detail for it to be long.

17. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

Lol... what game is intense? And yes... i think i will get call of duty and keep halo.

18. chadrob30 macrumors 6502

chadrob30

COD 4 campaign is indeed short. But, if you jack the difficulty up after completing it once, it's like the game is new again. Same thing for multiplayer...once you get to level 55, you can choose to go Prestige, which starts you all over again. Great replayability...

19. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

Definitely buy this game. I was a pretty big Halo 3 player, and it's become a coaster since I got CoD 4.

20. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

Buy it. Play it. Case Close The end it is that good.
    ChrisN

21. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Not to mention that you can prestige 10 freakin times, and that there are a bunch of challenges to complete.

22. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

COD4=the tits

online play is actually brilliant

23. RichL macrumors 6502

Don't jump on my face but I wasn't impressed with COD4 multi-player. BUT it was the best career I have ever played.

Pre-order Rainbow Six Vegas 2!! :p

-Rich L.

24. TimJim macrumors 6502a

COD4 is amazing. I love it. Another good FPS coming out is Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 which should be very good.

25. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

I have many PS3 games, but COD4 is the only game that still keeps me playing after so many months after finishing single player.

I strongly recommend it.