COD4 Leopard or Windows

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Xorro, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Xorro macrumors regular

Xorro

Hi,

got my iMac yesterday :D (I'm new to mac)

Just wondering about buying COD4, but whether I should get the Mac or Windows version. I don't have any Windows emulators installed at the moment, but will probably have to get something set up for some Windows software I need to run.

Thanks.

2. SamNeeds macrumors regular

I would say Mac on the basis that if you're emulating it'll be slow because of the process involved with on the fly emulating of a Windows based bit of software.

3. Xorro thread starter macrumors regular

Xorro

Thanks. What if I were to run bootcamp, what would be best then, Mac or Windows?

4. PurpleCliff macrumors regular

PurpleCliff

I don't think there would be any difference - but I'd say Mac just because it is a much nicer operating system. :D But if you are installing Windows via bootcamp either would be fine.

5. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

The games the same for both Mac and Windows, but i prefer playing the Mac version because a Mac keyboard has a different setup to a Windows one and it makes life easier. You wont be able to play it through a virtual machine (emulate) very well.

6. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

This is just what I think, but I think a bootcamp PC ver of CoD4 will prob run better b/c the Mac ver is a port. I dunno though, I swear I've read something about the Mac version not running quite as good. There might've been a big thread while back on the OS X version of CoD4. Either way if you have a comp that will run it well you'll be okay.

7. Kaos Theory macrumors member

Leopard Version

If you don't have Windows already installed, then definitely get the Mac version. Despite most Mac games having worse performance than Windows games, I hear that there is only a small difference between the Mac version and Windows version of COD4. If you already have Windows installed, however, and have virus protection that won't slow down your comp too much, then buy the Windows version, because it WILL run slightly faster. :apple:

8. ryanvsrobots macrumors member

While I know I can't use the cd's to install the other version, but if i borrowed my friends cd's could I use 1 cdkey for both windows and mac version?