COD4 (mac) how to install custom user map?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by softypolimer, Apr 30, 2009.

1. softypolimer macrumors member

i just install COD4 (mac) on my Macbook and started to go around the internet to download some of the cool MOD and the MAP for the game.

I started to install every things according to the readme files as I put each mod in ~Call of Duty 4 Data\Mods\(mod folder) and the maps in ~Call of Duty 4 Data\usermaps\(mp_xxxx) with all the map file extracted ("mp_xxxx.ff", "mp_xxxx_load.ff" and some other craps they gave me). I also put the "mp_xxxx.iwd" in the each mod folder aswell.

*I never have "usermaps" folder at the beginning so I create it.

The mod seems to works just find but the map doesn't seem to get detect by the game or mods. Did I do something worng?

2. flipngenious macrumors newbie

To fix custom maps and mods in CoD 4 Mac App Store

This is an older post. However having gotten here looking for a fix for the recent (January 2011) release of Call of Duty 4 for Mac through the Mac App Store. There are some common issues that can easily be resolved.

This is the original thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1088505&highlight=cod+maps

MULTIPLAYER SERVER LIST IS BLANK DOESN'T SEEM TO UPDATE
    • Be patient. As odd as it sounds - I had to click refresh 20x the first time before it eventually loaded.
    • From then on - it will always appear instantly.

UPDATE PUNKBUSTER
    • Pick up the Mac version here.
    • Right click on the Call of Duty 4.app and go to show package contents.
    • Right click on contents and click 'Show Info'
    • Expand the 'Sharing & Permissions' section and click on the padlock. Enter your password.
    • Set everything to read and write permissions. Click on the little spoke wheel thing and select apply to all encolsed files and folders.
    • Run pbsetup.run, let it to it's updaty thing.
    • Add Call of Duty 4. Set the path to /Applications/Call of Duty 4.app/Contents/
    • Click File -> Update
    • Let it update.

ENABLE MODS & CUSTOM MAPS
    • In Finder, go to /Applications/Call of Duty 4.app/Contents
    • Move the Call of Duty 4 Data folder to /Users/<your user name>/Library/Application Support/Call of Duty 4
    • Open Terminal
    • Type in...
    • ln -s "/users/<your user name>/library/application support/call of duty 4/call of duty 4 data" "Call of Duty 4 Data"
    • move the symbolic link created to the original location of the CoD 4 Data folder!
    • done!

Flip!:cool:

3. mac2x macrumors 65816

Nice guide...you should make it into a freestanding post (which IMO a mod should sticky). :)

One comment about the command to create the symlink. It's easier for most people to just copy and paste these long commands. To that end, I suggest this:

Code:
    ln -s "$HOME/Library/Application Support/Call of Duty 4/Call of Duty 4 Data" "Call of Duty 4 Data"
    The use of the environment variable $HOME means that the command will work without modification for any user. :)

4. nyckylim macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I have COD4 from appstore and when i looked into the /Applications/Call of Duty 4.app/Contents/Call of Duty 4 Data/mods folder, I see:
    1) ModWarfare
    2) PeZBOT (I just installed that)

However, when I open COD multiplayer, and i click on mods, the list is empty.

Even after doing the steps above, created a shortcut in the Contents folder to link to /Users/<my username>/Library/Application Support/Call of Duty 4/, the mods still does not appear in my mod list inside the game.

Does anyone know what should i do ? I really want to play with mods.

P.S: I am running 1.7.549

Thank you
    Nycky

5. SyncFx macrumors member

The correct file path(I have App version also) is:

Places/Username/Library/Application Support/Call of Duty 4/mods

6. nyckylim macrumors newbie

Just incase anyone needs to run mods on their updated COD4.
    Credits to roadbloc.