COD4 MBP Optimal Settings?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by azharc, Oct 10, 2008.

1. azharc macrumors member

I have searched the forums and found a few answers, tried it out but didn't really help. Some answers were related the older MBPs and some were just wrong.

COD4 in Boot Camp, what are you settings so you get a good frame rate for multiplayer while retaining the awesome GFX?

When I go above 1280 wide (AA 2x) I start to get lag when turning (especially noticeable when sprinting).

Some people keep saying that they run COD4 maxed out on their MBPs.

Mine is 17" 2.5 7200RPM with the same defective GFX cards we all have chosen to live with :rolleyes:

P.s. It runs when maxed out - but slow, especially when turning or one encounters a smoke grenade.

In summary, what are your MBP COD4 settings for optimal gameplay?

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Lag is network latency and not a low framerate.

What are your texture settings at?

3. azharc thread starter macrumors member

Really? I haven't tried single player yet but I assumed that the jittering during turning (which I think i mistermed as lag) was a performance related issue.

At first I tried texture settings as automatic but then I tried leaving them at just High and it helped a bit. Medium is really smooth.

There are so many settings and so many combinations one can try that it's really hard to ascertain what exactly needs to be changed...

4. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

I have 1440x900 @ All High Texture setting with Normal and 0x AF. Get 40 fps average.

5. azharc thread starter macrumors member

What's your AA (assuming you didn't mistype AF for AA) at? And any little things like Bullet Impact on?

6. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

You're going to need a lot of graphical power for High textures in most games. The 8600M GT is fine under medium settings.

1280 x 800 with x2 AA is a good start. I'd turn down any physics settings as well.

There's a fine balance between raw resolution and a lower one with anti-aliasing.

7. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

Oh, my bad, I meant AA. Sorry, I just read AF and I thought of AF. I have bullet impact and shadows on too.