COD4 on a Macbook! non-aluminum too!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ceezy3000, Feb 16, 2009.

1. ceezy3000 macrumors 6502

ceezy3000

so today i went to frys to pick up some crucial ram on saleand decided to get cod4 just to play with it on my imac, so for some reason i put it in my black macbook 2.4 ghz 2gb ram, 250gb hd, and it ran! even tho it said graphics chip not supported, it lagged a bit at optimal settings but changed the settings and now it runs oh so smooth, also i need to install that ram on my macbook, ive tried and tried but screws ARE TOO TIGHT!!! rawr

2. joshbing macrumors member

joshbing

really? ive always wanted to play cod4 on my white 2.4 mb but i heard it wouldnt run. has anyone else gotten it to run on the early 2008s?

3. aluminumapple macrumors regular

4. countrykid333 macrumors member

wow congrats.
    i've never dared to even try that, assumed i would just be setting my self up for failure:eek:.

5. domcole macrumors regular

I'm sure it runs fine on the unibody MBooks?

6. Rayban macrumors 6502

Rayban

Yeah my bro has it on his unibody 2.0 GHz Macbook. He gets some decent frame rates on pretty impressive settings.

7. RogueVasion macrumors regular

RogueVasion

In this video below, he is running COD4 on a 2.4 GHz Macbook (Polycarbonate). It is running with only 2GB of RAM and a X3100 graphics card.

He shows his settings, far from amazing, but decent enough to play the multiplayer, from what it looks like...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAzUNFW52so

8. Ninja Dom macrumors 6502

Ninja Dom

This may seem a silly question, but is this the Mac version of the game or the Windows version being ran using Bootcamp??

9. aluminumapple macrumors regular

most likely mac version.
    remember mac versions OpenGL can process graphics faster thats why mac version can have better settings, but compared to DirectX it will never have the best Texture, and etc.

my 2.4ghz 4gb ram alum can run cod4 on max texture settings with Glow and Specular map on. : D i get about 24~36fps online, with specular map off and glow on around 40~60 usually never get below 35.

10. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

Yea I'm running it on my 2.4GHz White Macbook with the X3100 (*wince*) and I can run it pretty good on a mix of medium/low settings.

11. aluminumapple macrumors regular

you just gotta know what effects take how much fps, after that its pretty much a cakewalk for you notebook ; )