COD4 on Mac Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by 3587, Nov 15, 2010.

1. 3587 macrumors 6502a

I just picked up Call of Duty 4 yesterday... I'm installing it as I type... I also picked up a Logitech Dual Action Controller...

1) What are the best settings for my setup? (See signature)
    2) Before I remove the controller from its packaging, will it work with COD4?

Thanks.

2. Major Reeves macrumors regular

It's a crappy port and fps's are made to be played with kb+mouse.
    CoD 4? Are we still in 2007?

3. 3587 thread starter macrumors 6502a

LOL!

Well, what else is there to play on the Mac when you have some down time? It seems pretty fun and there is a ton of people still playing it online.

4. Vylen macrumors 65816

5. 3587 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Are they for Macs? Similar to COD? I enjoy the multiplayer shooting games. It looks pretty sweet on my setup.

6. Vylen macrumors 65816

Yes. I play Team Fortress 2, Day of Defeat: Source and Left 4 Dead on my Mac every now and then.

7. Major Reeves macrumors regular

CoD is just mindless arcade shooter.
    Too bad that they didn't make Arma 2 for osX, for me the only decent fps at moment. For full experience, just join the military :)

Aside, if you like CoD you also want to play Quake Live (revamped quake 3 arena) and it has a lot of ppl playing too.

To finish, since the mac pro is a workstation, keep in mind that videogames are the biggest security compromise, specially those with anti piracy/anticheating, that basically sends information about your system and a dump of your ram to whatever it's handling the anti-piracy/anticheating stuff, most, if not all the times unencrypted. That's whats happening with WoW and SC2, during login, they even send your username (e-mail address) unencrypted. In case of packet sniffing, expect to get flooded with WoW gold seller mail's.