COD4 on the new mac

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by koston33, Feb 24, 2011.

1. koston33 macrumors member

So I just picked up the i5 mbp 13. I was looking at buying COD4 from apple. You obviously can't return software, so I wanted to ask before I buy it. Will it be able to fun smoothly on my new mac. I won't be playing at high settings. I just don't want to buy it and then be disappointed with it, since I don't have a discrete card. Also would the i7 make any noticeable difference playing this?

2. LTColonelPanic macrumors newbie

3. koston33 thread starter macrumors member

I was just asking if I can run it? and how it would be? What games do you recommend for the 13'

4. sys0p macrumors member

no dedicated gfx - won't be much fun, except on low res :(

5. jason221 macrumors 6502

If possible, install Boot Camp and run the Windows version. The Mac version is a port and doesn't run as well.

6. scupking macrumors 6502a

All I know is BioShock runs at max settings on my 2010 13" MBP. I think it should work for you.

7. LTColonelPanic macrumors newbie

Sorry for being a douche. It should run decent.

8. lawsofphysics macrumors newbie

I bought COD4 last week on my low-end MBP 15' and it works exactly the way it should- gr8 graphics and all. No hassels.
    Considering that now the new MBPs are out (and have upgraded graphics), the game should work even better. :)

Why pay $50 for a game that's 4 years old?

It's COD4. And MW2 hasn't come out for OSX.
    You would actually be surprised when you log-on to the multiplayer screen. I had no idea that soooo many people still play multiplayer on MW1.
    Worth it. !!