Cod4

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by glocke12, Jan 9, 2008.

1. glocke12 macrumors 6502a

glocke12

Ive installed paralles and xp, have updated xp and installed COD4, and downloaded the latest diretx driver, but upon starting I get an error message that reads the folowing " error during intialization, video card or driver does not support dynamic textures".

Any suggestions? I m using a 15" MBP, 2.2 gig, 2 gigs of rm, and the 128 mb video card

2. glocke12 thread starter macrumors 6502a

glocke12

ok, tried cod4 using windows/boot camp, and that worked fine. Not sure what the problem was with paralles.

Funny thing is, after seeing windows on my mac, I realized just how sick of windows I am and got rid of my boot camp partition....

3. Old School Punk macrumors newbie

4. makoman115 macrumors newbie

cod4 mac

uhh guys?
    i have a solution to your problems.
    This May, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare will come out for Mac. So, you went through all this trouble for nothing! :p

5. Wild-Bill macrumors 68030

Wild-Bill

What's your source on this??

It will be interesting to see if it runs better or looks better under either Windows or Mac. I have the PC version, but have just been to lazy to install it onto my fresh Windows drive. If it's coming out for Mac in 2-3 weeks I may very well send it to my friend and buy the Mac version so I don't have to reboot IOT play.

6. makoman115 macrumors newbie

ign.com!!

go to mac.ign.com and go to the release date tab on the left side of the page.
    the top one should be COD4 :)