COD5 for Mac OSX

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by adamvk, Dec 1, 2008.

1. adamvk macrumors 65816

adamvk

Do you think it will come out on OSX? Its on Vista already, and I'm just wondering if I should buy COD4, or wait another month, or whenever it comes out, and get COD5.

Thanks

2. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

Not for a looong time, it took forever for cod 4 to come out and I expect the same for World at War.

ChrisN

3. adamvk thread starter macrumors 65816

adamvk

OK, thanks....Maybe I'll just get it for Vista and use it on bootcamp.

4. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Probably the best bet if you want to play it any time in the next year or so.

5. yorkshire macrumors 6502a

yorkshire

Yeah, you'd be looking deep into '09 for COD5.

6. brian9271 macrumors 6502

brian9271

Won't work if you got a Macbook, you need Macbook Pro mate, you also will need to update your graphics card and stuff

7. cathyy macrumors 6502a

Care to give any explanation why COD5 won't work on a Macbook?

8. janstett macrumors 65816

I'm guessing the integrated Intel graphics chipset won't be up to snuff.

9. steveza macrumors 68000

steveza

I think he is covered if you read his signature.

10. cathyy macrumors 6502a

The Nvidia graphics chipset is though, and all the current Macbooks sold use the Nvidia graphics chipset.

11. Chipskip macrumors member

IMO- Don't waste your time on COD5. Every one that I know that has played it, said it was over in a couple of hours. Way to short of game play for most.

I run COD4 on my MacBook and love it. My only question is when COD4:MW2 will be released for Mac! It comes out in NOV for PS3 & xBox.

12. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

okay, I don't understand your argument. CoD5 is over in a couple of hours? Well if you're going to say that, then same thing with CoD4, the campaigns were roughly the same length in gameplay.

As for MP, both have great MP aspects that will keep you playing for hours. I am enjoying WaW's MP more than CoD4's. Nade spamming pray n spray FTL in CoD4. Yes it was amazing when it first came out, but it's just not as fun as WaW now in my opinion. But different strokes for different folks.

13. Hydroxs macrumors regular

You are looking about a one year wait since it took about a year for the mac version to come out after the PC release.

14. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

lol yeah and that time Modern Warfare 2 will be out.. might as well get boot camp going for that shiz, though hope you have a capable machine. or go console =)

15. xcking07 macrumors newbie

i wish world at war would come out soon. game is so fun. especially zombies

16. Miharu macrumors 6502

Miharu

I don't think this game has been announced for Mac yet... Don't hold your hopes up.

17. synagence macrumors 6502a

Out of curiosity ... has anyone tried CoD4 on native mac and native windows (same machine via bootcamp) for comparison?

18. alkar macrumors regular

Yeah and the PC version runs better :) (not surprising though).

Although if you have a powerful Mac, the Mac version isn't that bad and plays great too everything max (8800 GT there): just it may slow down sometimes while it never on the PC version !

Definitly worth it rather than rebooting for some extra fps !

19. synagence macrumors 6502a

yeah ... i ordered it yesterday without really thinking about any major differences ... would prefer native than bootcamp

20. janstett macrumors 65816

Not so fast. The online play modes of CoD5 are incredible and far, far superior to what came before it. Not only the usual deathmatches but lots of team oriented games like CTF and Domination, as well as cooperative missions.

21. CarlisleUnited macrumors 6502

How is the online of COD5 better than COD4? Have you played both!? COD5 is camper heaven, maps are too big, weapons are **** graphics are good though

22. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

I've played both and feel CoD5's is better. I don't feel maps are too big since in CoD4 the smaller maps = frag grenade fest, it's terrible. What's wrong with the weapons? That most aren't fully automatic for you to spray n pray? But this is all opinion myself, but I've played both extensively, CoD4 even more so having owned it on 360, PS3 and on PC but find the CoD5 more satisfying. Even the DLC already kicked CoD4's ass soo bad. The three maps are great while on CoD4, the only DLC map I cared for is chinatown.

Not saying CoD5 is perfect, but to me, a much better MP experience. CoD4 has the cool weapons but gameplay has been improved in WaW

23. CarlisleUnited macrumors 6502

I just love my red dot sight :p seriously though i liked call of duty 4 because it is modern warfare while there have been so many games released which focus on older wars, especially world war 2. You have t admit there is a lot of camping in the COD5 maps which irritates me a lot more than grenades. I have to admit I do enjoy killing the Nazi zombies though :D

By the way my weapon of choice is a G3, which isn't exactly a spray n pray weapon in my eyes

24. yorkshire macrumors 6502a

yorkshire

IMO CoD:WaW is worth it alone for zombies! It's a quality game. A lot of people seem to prefer the weapons on CoD4, but I like the WW2 stuff. Can't beat an unscoped Mosin Nagant on multiplayer, or Browning M1919 and Ray Gun on zombies.:D