Code for termination of Application

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by Paandaman, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Paandaman macrumors newbie

Hello!

I'm currently working on an app similar to Multicleaner or the "Appkiller"(for android) as a project in high school. The problem is that i'm a complete newbie with programming. This far i have only finished the pseudocode and the layout for the app but i'm at an loss when it comes to the programming part. I am working in Xcode and what i would like to ask is if anyone know if there is a close for shutting down running apps, or perhaps how to show a list of apps that is running.

I'm not going to make any money of the app since it's only for my school project and any help at all would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance:)

2. buckyballs macrumors regular

If you're using the official SDK, then you have no chance. If you're using the jailbreak toolchain, then surely you can just use system() and kill a process that way?

3. jnoxx macrumors 65816

jnoxx

It is not allowed to actually do this (the iPhone SDK).
    Only thing you can do, if it's for researching, is make such an memory intensive app, that it will kill the others, but you also have a wrong look on multitasking for iPhone.
    The bar from OS which represents "multitasking", is just a quick switch button, not multitasking, because, when you're using alot of memory, it will kill the apps in the background, but not remove them from the bar, because when you will click it, it should be programmed to startup again, and start off with last stage..
    Hope I made some sence

4. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

I'd suggest considering a different subject matter for your high school project app. Something that the SDK will allow.

5. Paandaman thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot for the replies everyone!

Well that was bad news.. I had no idea that they had rules like that even though i found it wierd that no similar app existed on the app store. I better think up something else then, thanks once again for helping me out:)

6. jnoxx macrumors 65816

jnoxx

If you have a new idea, make sure to come visit by, see if we can help you out with that :)

7. Paandaman thread starter macrumors newbie