Codec troubles

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by joshm101, Mar 11, 2013.

1. joshm101, Mar 11, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2013

joshm101 macrumors newbie

Hey my names Josh and I have recently had a task from a friend to put all her movies onto her ipad 2, the good thing is its all in mp4 conversion, most of them are under 700 x 600.
    + h.264

but I cant get all of them to work. only some work. They all work on the PC but even with all the same formats they do not all work on the iPad 2.

I have just jailbroken it with evasi0n to see if it would run them and it wasn't successful.

Can someone help me please??

Kind Regards

Josh

Here's the pic> http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2nriott&s=6

2. simsaladimbamba

In order to find out, what may be wrong with your video, you can use the following three applications to analyse a sample video file.
    When done, you can use the "Report" (VideoSpec) and "Export" (Media Inspector) button to export a report,
    attachable to your next post via the [​IMG] button.
    In MediaInfo you have to go to the Menu Bar, select View > Text and copy the text via CMD+A > CMD+C and paste it via CMD+V into your next post.

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Also, what do you mean by they don't work? They don't sync to the iPad, or they will sync, but will not play?

4. joshm101 thread starter macrumors newbie

I used "mediainfo"

and here are the details.

http://i45.tinypic.com/5x1h21.jpg

----------

Hey, they sync easily. Just some of them when I push play it automatically goes back to stop. but I can skip to different parts of the movie manually and still see the picture., but still cannot play it.

5. joshm101 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey does anyone understand my problem? Im really struggling

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Only thing I can think of is to try "create iPad verson" in iTunes. It's in the menus somewhere, I'm not at my computer now so I can't check.

7. joshm101, Mar 13, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2013

joshm101 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok could you show me when you are free. thanks.

Is there an option in the latest itunes? I just googled it and some have answers but they are not clear.

That seems the best way to go.

Does anyone know how to do this on latest itunes?

8. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

It looks like I won't be getting to my computer tonight. You are using Windows, right? Can you figure out how to get iTunes to display the menu bar? Once you have the menu, I believe the following should work:

Click on the video.
    In the menubar, go to File > Create New Version > Create iPod or iPhone Version.

9. smoking monkey macrumors 65816

smoking monkey

Try Cinexplayer or AVPlayer HD or any of ther other players similar to them.

They may play them without need to convert the files. They only cost a few bucks as well, so you won't be out of pocket.

I think this is the fastest way to resolve the situation. Plus those players are better than the apple player anyway.