CodeGofer: snippet collections for developers

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gonzoua, Dec 2, 2013.

1. gonzoua macrumors newbie

Hello,

I'd like to introduce CodeGofer: convenient code snippet navigator with pre-compiled collections of snippets.

When you learn to code in programming language you're not quite familiar with and face some task (like shuffling an array or parsing XML file) chances are you're going to look it up on Google or Stack Overflow. Which involves firing up or switching to browser, focusing form field, entering query, clicking on links, selecting and copying snippet. Once is fine but if you're just getting up to speed with this programming language process might get tedious.

CodeGofer aims to improve it. Activate search dialog with hotkey combo, enter few keywords and pick your answer from the list. Copy snippet, close window and go back to your editor - all in just one key combo.

Of course it's not possible to cover all the topics and recipes so if there is no answer you can press Alt + Enter and code will open browser with query search page for search system of your choice.

Currently CodeGofer has snippets collections for:
    • Ruby
    • Python
    • Javascript Basics
    • Cocoa Basics
    • Bash scripting
    • Git

CodeGofer is free.
    Collections available as in-app-purchases, prices ranging from free to $2.99.

Web: http://codegofer.com
    App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/codegofer/id730254832?mt=12

All kinds of feedback are welcome.

Thank you

2. gonzoua thread starter macrumors newbie

Hello,

I've just released version 1.2 of the CodeGofer.

The major feature added: it now supports importing 3rd-party collections. Collection file format is XML-based and described here.

3. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Hi! Just downloaded and installed this app. It's quite useful! Taught me some things I did not know about Bash scripting. :)

4. gonzoua thread starter macrumors newbie

Glad it was useful for you :) I hope to add more collections in the future