codesign: no identity found

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by sandor_23487, May 5, 2016.

1. sandor_23487 macrumors newbie

I have several certificates (.p12) and provisioning profiles in my git repository. I have an apple build machine to which I connect with ssh.
    My job is to resign IPA packages what works fine using the Jenkins on that box - but now I need to sign some on the command line. What I do:
    1. git clone <repo>
    2. create a new keychain file
    3. verify the keychain file using "security find-identity -p codesigning ~/Library/Keychains/tempchain.keychain | grep Distro" so it shows something like:
    23) 2A870DEEC2AEE8F1B69DFXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX "iPhone Distribution: My Distro (ABCDEFGHIJ)"
    24) 54254352343AEE8F1B69DFXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX "iPhone Distribution: My Distro (JIHGFEDCBA)"
    4. unlock the keychain "security unlock-keychain -p "password" /Users/myuser/Library/Keychains/tempchain.keychain
    5. codesign --force --sign "iPhone Distribution: My Distro (ABCDEFGHIJ)" --keychain /Users/myuser/Library/Keychains/tempchain.keychain [other options omitted]

Result is:
    iPhone Distribution: My Distro (ABCDEFGHIJ): no identity found

Can someone help me figure out what I am doing wrong?

2. PhoneyDeveloper macrumors 68030

PhoneyDeveloper

I think you need to make this keychain the default keychain so its content can be found.

If you're using Jenkins it has a keychain plugin that manages keychains for you.