Coding suggestions please??

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Compo, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Compo macrumors newbie

Hi - my first post!
    I've completed my first a short movie for the first time using FCE HD on a G5 Powermac. previously I used FCE 2 on a G4.

My intention to is save this to DVD using iDVD and having trialled lots of combinations I'm now running out of time to get something on DVD.

I'm struggling to find a format which iDVD likes.

I'm not too bothered about the best quality at this stage - I just need something to show!!

It seems iDVD won't let me drag and drop the exported movie no matter what format I've daved it it

Can anyone suggest a surefire format to export the movie to which iDVD will like and burn please? Thanks

2. simsaladimbamba

Can't you export the finished sequence as QuickTime (.mov) using Apple Intermediate Codec (AIC) as video codec and Uncompressed as audio codec? iDVD should read that, as iMovie uses that format too.
    And what export settings have you used already, thus we can keep the guessing at a minimum?

3. Compo thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply.
    I'm doing Export/ Using Quick Time Conversion/Options/Settings and then I've tried H.264 also DVCPRO-PAL and then MPEG-4Video.

Whe I try to drag these into iDVD it warns of unsupported file

Will try your suggestion now...

4. simsaladimbamba

Yeah, H.264 and DVCPro PAL and MPEG-4 (H.264 is an MPEG-4 codec) are not support that easily.
    Try AIC and see for yourself, as your footage may already been using DV-PAL or AIC as codec (or DVCPro PAL I guess).