Coffee beans grinder and ibook : ) !!!

igmolinav

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 15, 2005
Hi,

Nice that my ibook can work with BOTH 110 and 220 Volts : ) !!!

On the other side, I spotted a small and inexpensive coffee grinder
that only works with 220 Volts.

What can I do to be able to use this coffee grinder when the
current is only 110 Volts ??

Thank you,

igmolinav

igmolinav

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 15, 2005
Ha, ha, ha, ha !!! Yes, lately I have been using it in the kitchen ; ) !!!

The coffee grinder was made for the European market (220 Volts). The question is how to use it in the U.S. (110 Volts) ??

Best,

igmolinav

Comment

d_and_n5000

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2005
Ha, ha, ha, ha !!! Yes, lately I have been using it in the kitchen ; ) !!!

The coffee grinder was made for the European market (220 Volts). The question is how to use it in the U.S. (110 Volts) ??

Best,

igmolinav
You should be able to get voltage adapters - they'd likely be available at your average home improvement store.

My question is why you're getting a European grinder for an American home? It doesn't quite compute with me...

Comment

iDAG

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2007
Athens, Ohio
You should be able to get voltage adapters - they'd likely be available at your average home improvement store.

My question is why you're getting a European grinder for an American home? It doesn't quite compute with me...
Maybe he took a trip to Europe and bought a coffee grinder there? :eek:

Comment

igmolinav

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 15, 2005
Hi,

Thank you for your answers : ) !!!

I have been studying here and not only the coffee grinder but also other devices like: external hard drive and CD-DVD burner.

Hopefully the adapter is something inexpensive.

Best regards,

igmolinav

Comment

d_and_n5000

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2005
Hi,

Thank you for your answers : ) !!!

I have been studying here and not only the coffee grinder but also other devices like: external hard drive and CD-DVD burner.

Hopefully the adapter is something inexpensive.

Best regards,

igmolinav
Ahh, that would make sense. From my searchings, the adapter should run about $20. Just make sure that you don't accidentally pick up a 110-220 adapter - I don't think it would help you much.

Comment

mfacey

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2004
Netherlands
You'll need a 110->220V transformer. I suspect the coffeegrinder will pull quite some wattage so you'll probably need a pretty substantial transformer. And I can tell you that it probably won't be cheap... sorry! You should try radio shack. I know they carry a range of 220->110 transformers. Not so sure about the other way around. Good luck!

Edit: Out of interest I did a quick google search for these things and came up with this: http://www.samstores.com/Store.asp?CtgID=87
The prices aren't actually too shocking, unless you want to get a particularly heavy duty one.

Comment