Coincidence? Droid ads begin to appear - threads bashing the iphone appear...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by samcraig, Nov 4, 2009.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

Anyone else notice that there's been an uptick and more than a few threads bashing or criticizing the iphone and apple since the droid ads started appearing? I am not a fanboy, apologist, or apple "lover" - but I do find in interesting that on this forum specifically that these threads have begun to pop up a little more than normal....

2. bstpierre macrumors 6502

The "I'm switching to Droid" posts are new but other than those I haven't notice an increase in iPhone bashing, just the usual amount.

3. thetexan macrumors 6502a

Yes they must be paid shills. I mean, how else could one not like the iPhone it's perfection in plastic.

I heard a similar argument during the election last year.

-You don't like Obama? You must be a racist!
    -You don't like the iPhone? You must be paid off by Verizon!

People are allowed to have different opinions and express them. I'm a former iPhone user and I enjoyed my iPhone very much but AT&T sucks and until Apple finally gets smart and releases one for Verizon or Sprint I will not own another iPhone.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I've noticed an increase in trolls (either for Droid or Blackberry). They're usually posts from members with only a few posts. Why they bother coming on here to post is beyond me, but I don't understand trolls to begin with.

5. barkomatic macrumors 68040

The Droid is the closest anyone has gotten yet to copying Apple's designs and improving upon it in some respects. There is nothing wrong with improving upon another company's concept, but people hate Apple because it crossed the finish line first yet again with the iPhone and will always have that distinction.

There is probably already a Droid at Cupertino being examined as we speak. When the next iPhone is released it will be awesome as it always is and that's when Droid owners will realize that on November 15th, 2009 Verizon changed their EFT fee from $175 to $350.

http://gizmodo.com/5396828/verizon-to-double-early-termination-fee

6. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Yeah, it's just a coincidence. You know, there's more out there than just the iPhone. There are always going to be people who hate something no matter how great it may be. I bet some people hate the iPhone simply because it's popular. It's the same reason why not everyone has a Mac... we all know Macs are better and have less problems, but you just can't convince everyone that.

Also, people get bored of the iPhone for having it for so long... they wanna try out some other devices... I say let 'em do what they want.

7. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Ouch. Let's see if ATT does the same.

This is fallout from the feds inquiring about making ETFs more related to the actual price of a device.

Sometimes we unfortunately get what we wished for, not what we actually wanted.

8. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I'm sure AT&T is thinking about it -- but I think it would be a good move on their part if they don't raise it. They aren't exactly bleeding customers right now. Verizon is probably hoping to snag some new market share with the Droid--and they clearly want to hang onto those folks once the new iPhone is released this summer.

9. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

um... ow! :eek: Didn't realize that change was coming.

to answer the original question, yes, there have been more iphone bashing threads recently. Same thing happened in advance of the pre launch in june. Don't worry - once the droid actually launches people will stop caring and things will go back to normal. These things incite much more trolling as vaporware than as actual selling products.

10. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

It's because the subsidies are getting enormous on new smartphones.

Pretty soon we'll have to take out five+ year loans like with automobiles. :eek:

Still, it's better than it used to be. Up until a couple of years ago, when Verizon began a monthly reduction that other carriers copied, ETFs stayed the same large amount.