Coincidence

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by thebrain74, Jun 1, 2007.

1. thebrain74 macrumors regular

I was looking at my computer buying page at my college and read this:
    Welcome Class of 2011: You are now able to log into the SCI store with your OIT netID, but you should wait to purchase an SCI computer until June 11th, 2007 when the new models are available.

My school only offers four models, 2 Dell and a Macbook and a Macbook pro model. I wonder if they know (for sure) a little more about whats coming out of apple soon:) . As a disclaimer, I don't know what their usual timeframe for updating models is, i.e. I don't know if June 11th is just their standard date, but it seems kinda coincidental for it to be.

Their MBP model isn't outdated either, 2.16 C2D, 128mb x1600, 120gig HDD, 1gig mem, and it lists only b/g wireless, but I think they just havent updated the page. Anyway, AFAIK, that is the stock model available right now, so if they're updating......suggests replacing with a new one...

Slight dampener is the macbook is the older 1.83 version, so not everything they have is up-to-date.

anyway just thought I'd throw this out

THEBrain

2. Frankf300 macrumors regular

Frankf300

Well, as other people have mentioned in many other threads, WWDC begins June 11 and everyone is expecting some big updates there.

3. thebrain74 thread starter macrumors regular

ya, I knew that, I just thought this even more likelyhood to the MBP update

4. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

I think the MB's update pretty much confirmed an update to the MBP.

5. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

It's just when now...