Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

astrofaes

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
Hey guys,

Has anyone bought one of these sleeves, and if so, what did you think of the quality and level of protection? Do you find wool/dust getting in the ports/screen with this case?

http://www.colcasac.com/macbook-sleeve/

I really like the design but am am wondering about the dust issue and the level of protection that it offers :)

T

The Toddfather

have one that is a year old and the only complaint I have is the white interior looks a bit gross after a while. There have been no issues with the wool/dust/ports/etc.

kettybear

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2011
Hey guys,

Has anyone bought one of these sleeves, and if so, what did you think of the quality and level of protection? Do you find wool/dust getting in the ports/screen with this case?

http://www.colcasac.com/macbook-sleeve/

I really like the design but am am wondering about the dust issue and the level of protection that it offers :)

I just receive a Zagora 13" mba sleeve today. I'm not happy with it.

First, I must warn you the photos on the website do not reflect the products' true colors. The Zagora is black with a blue tint, not navy like my MBA's screen showed. It could be that my MBA's screen was not calibrated correctly to display the right shades but their pictures are off as well. The fleece inside is cream white instead of the pure white shown on their photos.

Second, I'm not 100% happy with the quality. My pocket was sewn on crooked and I have some loose/uncut threads. This would be okay if I paid $20 for the case, but for $40 I'm more critical.

I'm going to email them about an exchange. I hope I won't have to pay for return shipping. :(

solmaker

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2007
I've used AppleSacs (aka ColcaSacs) for years and very much like them. Good protection in an inconspicuous package. Also they feel much better in my hands than plastic cases.

will0407

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2006
I got a zagora case when i was in the US on holiday and couldn't be happier with it. I much prefer these cases to the standard sleeves. I like that they're a bit different and the soft inner lining is much nicer than a standard neoprene case

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2008
Before the arrival of my MacBook Air 13, I ordered a Zagora sleeve and I need to say that it is a great sleeve to carry a new shiny machine around. It is well-made and looks good. I would say: try it!

blevins321

macrumors 68030
Dec 24, 2010
Detroit, MI
I had one of these with my iPad for awhile. I really liked the thing. It had its flaws, but you could definitely tell that it was hand sewn. Agree with above posters that the inside can get a little grungy though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.