Colcasac

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sifinity, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Sifinity macrumors 6502

Sifinity

has anyone used a colcasac for the macbook pro retina is the protection good and are they too feminine for a male college student?

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I'm not sure about the first two parts f your comment, but if you like the case does it matter if someone thinks it's feminine?

3. Lunfai macrumors 65816

Lunfai

They offer great protection and who cares if they are feminine (which they are not?) it's a laptop sleeve.

4. Sifinity thread starter macrumors 6502

Sifinity

i mean i already have a hardshell case for my mac and a north face laptop backpack , do i really need a extra sleeve ? i also have insurance incase it breaks

5. squidkitten macrumors 6502

squidkitten

Colcasacs provide almost no drop protection, it's really just scratch protection. If you have a shell then the Colcasac will not do anything for you.

That being said, Colcasacs are excellent sleeves. I have them for all of my devices.

If you didn't have the shell on your Macbook already, I'd highly recommend it for a little extra scratch protection when you slip it into your backpack.

6. Sifinity thread starter macrumors 6502

Sifinity

the main reason why i want to return the colcasac is the fact that since its so snug which i like but kinda hate , since every morning i have to spend time to put it into this sleeve which takes a while and then if i want to stop at the library in-between classes or something , its a pain to take it out of the sleeve , so the main reason is the inconvenience it provides , so if it provides no protection i might as well return the sleeve and get $30

7. squidkitten macrumors 6502

squidkitten

I agree. If it's a hassle and doesn't add much more protection then you should save yourself the money. I will say that after a few weeks the material really does soften up and become much more pliable and it won't be as much as a struggle to put it on.

8. Sifinity thread starter macrumors 6502

Sifinity

also not to be a homophobe or anything , i feel the sleeve questions my masculinity by its super soft fleece look lol

9. squidkitten macrumors 6502

squidkitten

That's pretty ridiculous to be honest. But whatever, you do you, man.