Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGav

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 9, 2002
Damn. Go on boys... do it. *begins subliminal transmission*Do it dull boys. Do it. Do it dull boys. Do it. Do it dull boys. Do it. Do it dull boys. Do it. Do it dull boys. Do it. Do it dull boys. Do it. Do it dull boys. Do it. Do it dull boys. Do it. Do it dull boys. Do it. Do it dull boys. Do it. Do it dull boys. Do it. Do it dull boys. Do it. Do it dull boys. Do it. Do it dull boys. Do it. Do it dull boys. Do it. Do it dull boys. Do it. Do it dull boys. Do it.....

heheheh. :D

Rinky dink link

L

Lau

I saw the title and thought "Hmm, I wouldn't have put iGav down as a Coldplay fan....."

Heh heh heh. :D

iGav

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 9, 2002
edesignuk said:
I don't know what the hell the song way they played at the Brits, but it was bloody awful!

I think it's because we're not old enough to get it ed ;) it only works on the over 40's... something to do with the deterioration of human hearing with age... it must make it sound better. ;)

heheh.

russed

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2004
edesignuk said:
I don't know what the hell the song way they played at the Brits, but it was bloody awful!

or you have to be pretty depressed/miserable/unhappy to "feel it". you must be officially too happy. :)

EGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 4, 2003
edesignuk said:

Jeez, tell me about it! Just terrible! :eek: Paul Weller was pretty damn good. And KT Tunstall. Awww, she's lovely. :eek: :D

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
XIII said:
I don't mind declaring myself as a Coldplay fan. ;)
Watch it – I'm not sure but I think comments like that might be a bannable offence. ;) :p

I won't lose any sleep if they did split – bland, bland music of the very blandest sort. Hopefully Mr Martin and his friends will have seen some of the other performers and will now be feeling very ashamed of themselves.

corywoolf

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2004
Not a fan of the vocals, but everything else is solid. I didn't like any of there stuff until a few weeks ago when I was listening to the radio and heard "The Speed of Sound" track and actually gained some respect for them. I also like "Time" a lot. But most of there stuff sounds the same, most bands have a hard time creating more then one successful style of music and at the same time be taken seriously. 311 is a good example of a band that has a lot of albums that sound the same, but they do occasionally pull off a cover song or an original that makes you think twice about who is playing it.

I give Coldplay a 8/10 :p

Sedulous

macrumors 68030
Dec 10, 2002
Oh yes, and every Beetles song is unique. I don't think Coldplay comes across as the most talented band in all of history but their stuff is still enjoyable to me. I hope they stick around long enough to explore new styles and experiment more.

Jovian9

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2003
Planet Zebes
That's too bad. Maybe they need to break up for a while so they can realize they've been doing the same songs over and over. Now I like the album Parachutes (picked it up the day it was released), but the stuff they are doing since then are not-so-good-Parachute-sound-alike-songs.
Maybe a little turmoil could spark some creativity in them. So break up Coldplay and come back in 5 years :)

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
It's weird because when I first started listening to Coldplay I though all the songs sounded exactly the same. Now that I'm actually a fan I can't imagine how the sounded the same. They all sound so different.

Revlimit Punk

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2006
Italy
It's not that i'm gonna break up and cry if they split up, but i think they will be missed.
Even if, at least in my opinion, X & Y was a so-so album, Coldplay gave us unbelievably beautiful songs such as "Clocks" and "Don't Panic"... i played them so many times, yet they still give me goose bumps.

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
corywoolf said:
But most of there stuff sounds the same, most bands have a hard time creating more then one successful style of music and at the same time be taken seriously.
A joke I heard today...

Guy 1: "So, do you like Coldplay?"
Guy 2: "Yeah, I really like their song."
Guy 1: "Which one?"
Guy 2: "Exactly."

I have their three albums, and while I like most of their songs, they seem (to me, anyway) to have a sameness to them that's hard to pin down... maybe it's just that Chris Martin always sounds the same in every song he sings...

AJ Muni

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2005
Miami
corywoolf said:
I also like "Time" a lot.

They dont have a song called "Time"..I for one think Coldplay is one the best/talented bands in the world. And they are only going to get bigger and better. Im a music producer, and its just amazing all the notes/chords they hit flawlessly. As Chris Martin said himself " We might not go down as one of the best bands lyrically, but we will go down as one of best bands composing/arranging music"

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
I'd like to see them delve into a gangster-style hip hop album. Perhaps some Cypress Hill covers... I think that'd work well because they're bland at the moment. :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.