Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SHADO

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Beach
I was wondering if Colin McRae Mac is the equivalent to Colin McRae: Dirt for PC, or whether there is another version, cuz me and my friend want to play each other. I have Boot Camp, but I wanna run it natively on Mac. Thx.

ColinEC

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2008
Colin McRae DiRT is only available for Windows, there isn't a Mac version. The only Mac version I know of is Colin McRae Rally.

SHADO

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Beach
Ok but is there a PC equivalent? Cuz theres like 5 Colin McRae's for PC...Is the latest one (Colin McRae 5) the same?

spyker3292

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2005
Michigan
Ok but is there a PC equivalent? Cuz theres like 5 Colin McRae's for PC...Is the latest one (Colin McRae 5) the same?

I don't really think there is one. Well, there is.. kinda... but it's a bit different and I don't think McRae mac supports cross-OS play. Since... the games are kinda different.

ColinEC

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2008
I don't really think there is one. Well, there is.. kinda... but it's a bit different and I don't think McRae mac supports cross-OS play. Since... the games are kinda different.

Yeah I don't think there's any version that supports cross-OS play.

Playing DiRT in Boot Camp would be you're best bet.

TDM21

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
Colin McRae Rally for Mac is actually Colin MaRae Rally 2005 for PC. Feral Interactive dropped the 2005 part from the name because it took two years for them to finish the port. By that time who would think about buying a new game with 2005 on the box.

Dirt was the next release of the Colin McRae series and so far there has been no announcements on a port for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.