Collaborative space app?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by marmiteturkey, Jan 30, 2016.

1. marmiteturkey macrumors 6502

marmiteturkey

My wife and I are starting to research schools etc for our little one - it's a project that requires tasks, notes, research including documents and web clippings, chat and so on, for two people. We're a completely mac/iOS family.
    I'm interested to know if others use an app to create a similar space to share and collaborate in with a family member? I'm familiar with Trello, Evernote, Asana etc - what do people feel is the best? A single app vs multiple apps is probably better.

As a bonus, I have an iPad pro, so anything optimised for the big screen would be great.

2. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

My personal experience is that Dropbox is best for files in general, while Evernote is best for pure text. Of course, your needs may vary, but Dropbox at least should get you quite far as you can store anything there and have it automatically sync between members.

3. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

You can try the Quip app. It's something like Google docs, with an integrated chat function.

4. marmiteturkey, Jan 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2016

marmiteturkey thread starter macrumors 6502

marmiteturkey

Thanks - I'm looking for something more than just a filesharing space really - needs lists, notes etc as well. Trello is probably the closest I've found so far. Am also wondering whether we could use Slack. Will check out Quip too...

5. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Evernote includes chat. Google is really the one that is all encompassing.