collaborative workspace needed

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by no.1 Apple Fan, Aug 23, 2009.

1. no.1 Apple Fan macrumors regular

no.1 Apple Fan

i would like to be able to work collaboratively with my business partner. as sharepoint does, i would like to have a space where we can both store all of our docs, edit them (without the download and upload steps). so far it seems i have to have my own space in iwork and select what i share.

what i really want is a document library equally accessible to us both with easy edit capabilities.

any ideas?

2. Scottyk9 macrumors 6502a

You could try creating a shared folder that synchronizes between your and your partner's computer. Dropbox, sugarsync, windows live sync could to this.

You may run into issues if you both try to work on the same document at the same time - if this is a concern, creating a "wiki" page so the document of interest can be worked on both at the same time (although I believe more of a server solution is required for this).

3. nadyne macrumors 6502a

Not to go all Microsoft shill on you :) , but you could try Office Live Workspace. That gives you a central place to store your documents.

Unless you want to actually edit in your web browser, there is going to be some uploading and downloading. You can make this easier by using the Document Connection, which is part of Office:Mac 2008 SP2. It connects to your Office Live Workspace (or your SharePoint) and gives you an easy way to see all of your documents that are stored there and upload/download them.

Regards,
    Nadyne.

4. Molnies macrumors member

Maybe you already know about it and it's not what you're looking for, but since you didn't mention it... Google Docs