"Collage" Screen Saver Effect not working on new MacBook Pro. Can anyone confirm?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by heldtbt, Oct 15, 2008.

1. heldtbt macrumors newbie

[This may very well be my first post on MacRumors, I've been reading forever.]

I just bought a new MacBook Pro 15" (the $2499 version) at the Apple Store. My old computer had trouble processing the "Collage" effect on a photo screensaver. (where the pictures keep zooming out and forming new pictures.) so I wanted to see how this new computer (with it's 512MB vid card) could handle the screen saver.)

Can anyone else with a new MacBook Pro see if they could emulate this problem as well? Just open system prefs and test a sample screensaver.

If not, I guess I'm crazy.

Thanks

2. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

I don't quite understand... what's not working? Are the pics not loading, is the system going slow and fans kicking in? What happens when the screen saver starts?

Cheers,

3. heldtbt thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry for not clarifying! When I click the collage button, system preferences unexpectedly quits before even loading the screen saver preview, and then I have to relaunch system prefs again.

4. Shawnstra macrumors regular

I'm using an "old" (Feb '08) MBP, and it works just fine.

5. emt1 macrumors 65816

Screen savers are a waste of everything.

Electricity.
    Time and money to develop them.
    Your computer's lifetime.

Just set it so that your monitor turns off after a specified amount of time. You will be doing your bank account, your computer, and the environment a favor.

6. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Yeah, but since the computer will probably outlast it's useful lifespan, it doesn't matter. ;)