Collapsible Outline?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by thriii, Apr 7, 2010.

1. thriii macrumors 6502

I've been creating outlines in Pages and it would be easy to be able to hide some of the information when i dont need to see it.. is there any app that allows me to hide some parts of the outline? Hopefully there is something free but all suggestions would be appreciated

thx!

2. jzuena macrumors 6502a

jzuena

I use OmniOutliner. It isn't normally free, but it came free with my original Intel mini and made it over to my new mini with Migration Assistant. It lets you expand or collapse sub-bullets, but I don't see a way to hide some of the outermost bullets, if that's what you need.

3. mysterytramp macrumors 65816

mysterytramp

Another vote for OmniOutliner. It's a great tool.

MacUpdate has several possibilities.

Not many are free. I can recommend Opal. It's the OS X descendant of an older program called Acta I used to use. I've also been impressed with the software written by MOApp, so I'd give his mySlips a look.

mt

4. thriii thread starter macrumors 6502

Opal looks great! pretty simple so ive been messin aroudn with it.. i also love omni products so im kinda leanin towards omni outliner even though i havent tried it yet.. but ill try it out and see :)

5. catgil3 macrumors newbie

Mymind is great little program

I really like the simple little program, MyMind.

It allows you to make mind or bubble maps, and then convert them to collapsible outlines or vice versa.

It's not pretty when exported to text, crude looking, tabs are indicated with dashes, but in its own language, it works beautifully.

And it's free. But mac only, so I can't share my stuff with pc friends..