Collective 12"keyboard Problem thread

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Taglohman, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Taglohman macrumors newbie

Hey all, my 12" rMB has had so many keyboard problems in the past 8 months that I've owned it, I would like to start hearing other people's experiences. It definitely doesn't seem to be an isolated issue.

I've had 2 keyboard replacements already, and, like I said, the computer is less than a year old... seems absurd, and I'd love to know that I'm not the only one with this issue.

2. ahostmadsen macrumors 6502a

I had my keyboard replaced once because some keys got stuck.

3. Dunbar macrumors 6502a

Same here. One keyboard replaced under warranty. I am considering purchasing the Applecare warranty for my 2015 Macbook if I don't bite on the next Macbook update.

4. palpatine macrumors 68040

Me too. I've been in many times. For now, everything is OK. But, I don't think I should have had to deal with all of these problems in a relatively expensive, brand new comnputer. It's a little frustrating and has soured the overall experience. If I didn't enjoy the OS so much, and if I didn't think the computer was so great for me (when it's working), I would have sold it long ago. However, will I upgrade? I don't know. Would I recommend it? Maybe, but with caveats -- if you don't live near an Apple store that does repairs, or if you cannot get along for a week or two at a time when it is in the shop, this probably isn't the computer you are looking for.

5. maerz001 macrumors 6502