College Computer

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Taglohman, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Taglohman macrumors newbie

I am thinking about going with a MacBook with the 1.3GHZ processor for my college computer. It will be used for light computing hooked up to an external 24" 1080p monitor, and sometimes used to run parallels or photoshop... Is it up to the task?

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

Provided your use of parallels and photoshop is relatively minor and not deeply CPU intensive it should get the job done. The portability and ability to charge from a USB source (or power bank) would definitely be handy in typical campus usage patterns.

3. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

The computer is certainly up to the tasks you have described. The only point I would like you to think about is with the peripheral use conditions. Are you going to be presenting to audiences a lot? Would you be hooking up to peripherals in the library/ import pictures on the field etc - with the MacBook you will have to haul around a bunch of dongles.

4. Taglohman thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm just planning on docking it at my room. I have a USB-C to MicroUSB to tether my camera in the field. I'll be hooking up to a Dell S2415H and a few other things via a Minix Neo A2 when it is "docked" at my room