College credit transfer question

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Stridder44, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

A couple of semesters ago I took a Career Development (C.D.) course at my community college. I'd rather not get into the details of how/why but I failed the class and it hurt my GPA.

In all of my other classes I have gotten A's or B's except for two classes in which I got C's. All of these other courses are transferable to a UC. I don't really have plans to use the C.D. class as part of my transfer (as I can only transfer 60 units).

Should I re-take the class to help my GPA even though it won't transfer to a UC, or just not bother at all with it and re-take the two C's instead? Thoughts?

2. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

For the overall GPA it would be more beneficial to get rid of the F. I'd do that if you feel they'll look at the over all GPA more than the classes being transfered.
    You can retake up to 5 classes (15 credits max) in the UC system and if you're more worried about your GPA on the transfer, then it would make more sense to retake those two C's. Perhaps if you really want, you could retake all of the classes.

Also, be sure to fill out the Grade Replacement form before the first two months is up of the new class. Otherwise, they'll calculate the old and new grade into the GPA.

On a side note, what campus are you hoping to transfer to?

3. Stridder44 thread starter macrumors 68040

Stridder44

Thank you, that is awesome info! I was unaware of the grade replacement form. The class itself is not transferable. It's ironic really. The Career Development class is bringing my GPA down. Haha, I figured acing the class would improve my overall GPA since I won't be transferring it.

I'm planning on UCLA or LMU for business with a minor in communications.