College Football

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Edandlindz28, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Edandlindz28 macrumors regular

So College Football is around the corner and I am a big fan. This is probably the only sport I sit and watch.

Being from the Mountain West school, Utah, I am a die hard Utes fan. Of course I have some other fav. teams Oregon and Michigan.

Who do you all think will win the BCS? IMO USC will win it. I don't care for the BCS, I would rather see a playoff. But that's just me.

So whats everyones predictions?

2. furcalchick macrumors 68020

furcalchick

playoff please. the bcs is the worst idea this side of making the all star game count for the world series. and of course the computers love usc for some reason, even though they have only one championship. it's because espn hates the south.:mad:

lsu though.

3. asxtb macrumors 6502

I usually love college football! But I think this year, I'm not going to pay as much attention to it. I'm still upset about the Buckeyes. I still have a hard time wearing any OSU stuff. I'll be following the NFL much more. Go Colts!

While I do think the BCS is flawed. A playoff system won't be much better. (Just a little) You can only accept so many teams in a playoff. Who do you accept? How do you accept them? It'll be the same arguments. 'Team A should have made the playoffs because they beat Team B and Team B is in!' 'Yeah, but Team B beat Team C! And Team C beat Team A!' Just look at all the arguments about who should make the March Madness Tourney for basketball.

4. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

My team, Miss State Bulldogs, aren't exactly known for their winning ways. I love watching just about any college football, though. Especially the SEC.

5. jellz macrumors regular

6. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

USC gets ranked so high because they are stacked with talent. Their two deep is filled nearly exclusively with four and five star recruits. Simply put, USC is going to be very good this year and will contend for the national championship for the foreseeable future.

That said, I'm a Texas fan, and as long as Colt McCoy can stay healthy (he is good enough to win the Heisman, and Texas has enough talent surrounding him to get the job done), I believe that we can make it to a BCS bowl game, and we have a decent shot (I'll put it at 25%) of making it into the title game.

7. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

Well I was hoping our coach Houston Nutt would have been fired by now but the cockroach has seemed to survive the harshest environments.

As much as I want my Hogs to do well we probably won't. Nutt can't coach himself out of a paper sack and it will show this year. McFadden will have a great year but the team as a whole will not.

Word on the street is that Houston Nutt has already been told this will be his last year and he should hope to bounce to somewhere new. Finally our decade of mediocrity will come to an end and we will have a new Athletic Director and Head Coach for football. It can't come any sooner.

jon

8. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

Maybe the Cougars (Washington State University) will do something with their talent....

Who are we kidding?

9. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

There is nothing like college football. Pro sports are good (baseball and football, I can't take the NBA), but there is just too much too love about college football. As far as I'm concerned it is #1 in the sports arena.

That said, it looks like another very competitive year in both the east and the west of the SEC. My Dawgs have a lot of work to do, but they have a chance to be very good.

Good luck to everyone's teams!

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

10. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

You're right, Colt McCoy is a legitimate Heisman contender and the key to the entire season for Texas. If he stays healthy, they'll at least win the Big 12. If he doesn't, OU will likely sneak in there and take the conference again like they did last year. I really don't think Nebraska, Missouri, A&M (who may take a big step back this year due to their schedule IMO), or anyone else has what it takes to win the Big 12 title this season.

As for the national title, at this point I like LSU. The BCS championship game is in New Orleans this season, so maybe the stars will align again for the Tigers like they did in 2003.

11. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

Big Oregon State fan here... going to make it to at least a couple games (I live eight blocks from the stadium, for heaven's sake). We have a new quarterback this year, and some big shoes to fill at tight end with Joe Newton gone. But we overachieved last year, what with going 10-4 and beating USC, Hawai'i, and Missouri in the Sun Bowl. I think we can overachieve again, since we're returning a ridiculous number of starters and all five :)eek:) starters on the offensive line. I don't know if we can finish above USC, but I think we'll be up there with Cal and UCLA, competing for #2.

12. kymac macrumors 6502a

kymac

go beavs!

13. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

OT, but your QB from last year (Matt Moore) made a big impression here in his preseason debut on Thursday night. The kid definitely has some talent.