College help

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by 7254278, Sep 15, 2008.

1. 7254278 macrumors 68020

I am transfering from a UK university after finishing my 1st year. . . I want to do business. Here is my question, what are some easy college to get into on the east coast? Here is some info about me to make things easier:

Highschool GPA: 2.2 on the IB system
    UK GPA: 55%(about 3.0)
    No SAT required
    Dual nationality USA/Italian
    I speak English/Italian/Spanish
    I was captain of the basketball team
    Course rep in uni and in highschool

Where should I apply which will accept me?

Here is where I applied already:

NYU(Arts and Sciences)
    Baruch College CUNY
    Hunter College CUNY
    CCNY CUNY
    Pace University
    Cazenovia College
    Canisius College
    Suffolk University
    University of Maine Fort Kent

Do you think any of those schools will accept me?

PS: I know NYU is a long shot but since I'm legacy I figure I'd give it a shot anyway

2. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

I really don't know much about admissions these days, but I think you won't have a problem getting in to a good college in the US. My daughter is on track to enter the IB program, and I know it has a great reputation, so that should help you quite a bit.

The legacy definitely won't hurt!

Good luck and keep us updated!

3. 7254278 thread starter macrumors 68020

Im just really spooked because I got TERRIBLE IB GRADES, 2.2GPA and while 55% is decent in the uk I hope the US universities know how it converts. I applied last semester as well but I got rejected from every school I applied to. . . Some of them were: BU, Drexel, Northeastern and GWU. . . I am aiming lower now but I am praying to god I will get accepted to anyone of those schools.

PS: Congrats about your daughter, tell her to study hard because the IB is no joke, it was harder then my 1st year in the uk. Im sure you know what you are doing but I also suggest doing the full IB no just IB certificates along with AP classes.

4. ddollar macrumors member

ddollar

You say 55% is equal to 3.0 then you probably wont have much problems getting in to Baruch and Hunter i have alot of friends that go there some with great grades some not so much. I dont really know what the other schools require i go to CUNY queens and my avgerage was less then stellar hoping to transfer out after my freshman year.

5. InvalidUserID macrumors 6502a

InvalidUserID

I went to Pace directly from HS with a 3.7 GPA and got in fine.

My best friend with a 3.5 GPA initially got turned down, re-took the SATs and then got accepted.

A third friend had a 2.9X GPA and got in on the first try.

Go figure. If you are worried, you can always see an advisor.

Good luck!

6. nadyne macrumors 6502a

Call the colleges and ask them what their requirements are for someone transferring in from an IB. Their admissions office should be able to give you some guidance as to whether you'll be in consideration or not.