College/High school students - Schoolhouse?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by raymondu999, Jul 16, 2008.

1. raymondu999 macrumors 65816

Hi. To the college/high school students of you out here, any of you use Schoolhouse? I started recently, but it crashes too much. For something as important as college I'd need something mroe reliable. Any suggestions for alternatives, or perhaps ways to make sure Schoolhouse runs more smoothly on my system? Note: For schoolhouse I'm using my MacBook Pro system.

2. faster Guest

I love this program. It is in desperate need of an update though. Pretty sure it runs under rosetta, which is probably why there are so many crashes. Running it on my g5 I have no problems.

3. raymondu999 thread starter macrumors 65816

Well technically it's "Universal." but then again, it crashes on startup if you use it on Intel. Hence, we can only sacrifice speed for stability and run it through Rosetta.

4. pjrobertson macrumors 6502a

Apparently an update has been on it's way for some months, it's just a waiting game I suppose :(

5. raymondu999 thread starter macrumors 65816

BADLY in need of an update. At least some stability fixes to stabilize the Intel code... PLEASE!!! Anyways. Anyone know of any other similar-functioning app?

6. Koreos macrumors member

The creator said he was working in a new version of the app a few months ago, but with the fall semester so close, I think I'm going to go for another app.

As others have said, I need a reliable app for my school notes...
    I'm thinking of going the VoodooPad + iCal (or Things) + AnxietyApp route...

7. raymondu999 thread starter macrumors 65816

8. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I wrote an app similar to Schoolhouse called iProcrastinate. Check it out in my sig. (It's free! :D)

9. Mac Player macrumors regular

That app looks dead.

10. raymondu999 thread starter macrumors 65816

Looks interesting. I'll check it out ;)

11. raymondu999 thread starter macrumors 65816

How do you get iProcrastinate Mobile, by the way? Is it by going to the App Store? Or is it through a jailbroken isntaller?:p

12. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

It will be on the App Store, once Apple approves it. It's been sitting in the queue for a couple weeks now, so it should be posted to the store soon! (I hope!) :D

13. smythcc macrumors newbie

Just checked the screenshots on your website, looks like a great, well designed app, I'll be downloading it when I get home to get a more hands-on approach. I really like the concept of being able to add individual steps to your tasks too, great idea! The mobile version looks especially useful, adding team members through Contacts, etc., can't wait for that version. I do have a couple questions regarding syncing though. Will this app sync with the mobile version, either OTA or through USB or FireWire? If that's not the case, does the app sync with iCal in any way? I believe either of those would be great additions to your app if they're not already a part of them, especially if you could configure it to sync OTA directly with the Mac.

14. macdim macrumors 6502

This app is EXACTLY what I need! Basically, you just saved me for 3rd year pharmaceuticals...

15. DarkHeraldMage macrumors 6502a

DarkHeraldMage

You planning on charging for the app in the store, and if so, how much? I haven't really used the Mac version, but the iPhone/iPod touch version does have a very strong appeal.

[EDIT]
    Will it have the ability to sync with the Mac version? That would be a very ideal situation if that's somehow possible, and well worth having.

16. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

I watched the video on your site and it looks awesome, great work. Can't wait to see it in the App Store!

17. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Thanks for all the interest guys, to answer a couple questions:

1) The mobile version will be free, just like the desktop version.

2) Synchronization is not there yet, but i'm planning on adding it very soon. :)

18. DarkHeraldMage macrumors 6502a

DarkHeraldMage

That's awesome! Love the free, but love the synchronization more. Don't hesitate to throw a couple dollars in the price, especially after having the free version out for a bit so everyone can see how great it is bound to be. :cool:

19. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Haha I had thought about pricing it at a couple bucks, but I decided not to. Going into my junior year of college, I know I've passed up many a great application just because I knew rent was coming up, water bill was due, etc.

So I figured why not spare everyone the hassle, and give it away? :)

20. DarkHeraldMage macrumors 6502a

DarkHeraldMage

I can empathize and thank you. I'll just be sure to bookmark your website in case you continue to develop in the future and charge for those. :)

21. dllavaneras macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

Looks great! Maybe I'll finally get organized ;) I'll give it a spin and let you know!

22. BlakTornado Guest

BlakTornado

You wrote that!?!?!?!

Wow. Well done, dude! It's great!

23. boston04and07 macrumors 65816

boston04and07

This looks really cool, and I wish I'd had this all throughout college, and not just for my senior year! Much better of my old, messy method of iCal and stickies. :)

Just a quick question though - I created a planner for the fall semester, and whenever I quit the application, it would open in a new and untitled document, which confused me until I noticed the Preferences option of opening the last-used document on Start. That was nice! But now, whenever I start up the app again, it opens the Fall 08 document plus an untitled one. Is there any way I can just get it to open only the one document all the time, and nothing else? Sorry if I'm missing the obvious. :D

24. MegaMan1311 macrumors regular

Really? Great! I've been looking for your iPhone app for a while now. Hope Apple approves it soon. I love the desktop version, but I can't reasonably take a computer to school. If you read this, I do have a quick question. Can you sync between the mobile and the desktop apps somehow?

I love your software, and I look forward to its iPhone counterpart! You know, you really should put that it is in queue by Apple on your website, so that people don't have to wonder where it is...

25. DarkHeraldMage macrumors 6502a

DarkHeraldMage

Already answered a few posts up.