College student buying mac receive nano?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mr. Eko, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Mr. Eko macrumors member

I know when my older brother bought a MBP before college, he received an apple nano. Does Apple still do this for students? If so, which nano is it?

2. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

They typically do it before back to school. They'll probably do it again in august or so. Last year, they did it with the old nano because that one was being discontinued. This year, if they do it again, it will be with the video nano.

3. Mr. Eko thread starter macrumors member

cool, I was going to wait around July or so, but if it is in August I will wait until then. I assume they will advertise it?

4. AndyK macrumors 65816

AndyK

Yeah they do, I got myself one when I ordered my macbook just after Christmas, it's a great offer for us poor people :p

5. Twilight Elk macrumors regular

Twilight Elk

Yep, nothing makes Back To School better than a new laptop and a new iPod nano :)

And who knows, depending on your MacBook (or MBP), it may be updated by then ^_^

6. Shackler macrumors 6502a

Shackler

free nano at christmas time? isnt it a back to school sale?

7. AndyK macrumors 65816

AndyK

I put my order in about a week after the New Year. From the UK store.

8. MacDann macrumors 6502a

MacDann

Apple has run the "Back to School" promo for at least the last two years. I recall it starting around July and going through September.

You don't get an iPod, they give you a rebate for $199.00 when you buy the iPod on the same order or receipt as the computer.

MacDann

9. pavvento macrumors 6502

I got mine first week of June and they were running the deal. Rebate came in less than 3 weeks which was surprising.

10. hotsauce3868 macrumors member

The deal started June 5, 2007 and went till September 17, 2007. The same day the Santa Rosa MBP came out. I know because I bought both on June 5th.

11. amac4me macrumors 65816

amac4me

If you want such a deal, you'll have to wait for the NEXT back to school promotion. It generally runs during the summer into the first few weeks of September.

12. Mr. Eko thread starter macrumors member

13. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Technically, they give you a $200 rebate on any iPod that's at least $200 or more (excluding any new models introduced while the sale is in progress).
    Every country has its sale begin at a different time. For the US, it usually begins around June (last year was June 5th IIRC) so college students have time to buy a new Mac and get a nano for free. In the UK it begins around September or October IIRC, and goes until Christmas (I might be wrong though since I'm trying to remember what British members have said in the past).