College Student who needs Mac Help. URGENT!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by beaumcginnis, Oct 2, 2014.

  1. beaumcginnis macrumors newbie

    Oct 2, 2014
    So, I was sky ping someone when I logged out and this appeared on my screen. It's not a crack, which is odd because of the angle the problem is at. At first, I was confused, so I gently touched it and the lines grew. The other side of the screen is perfectly fine, so I'm so confused on why this appeared. If someone could give me some help on a way to resolve this, that would be greatly appreciated, I need to write a paper for one of my classes!

    Thank you so so much!

    Attached Files:

  2. paulopadopa macrumors regular

    Jun 13, 2012
    Yup thats a crack. When you pressed it and the line grew that was the crack getting bigger. Something must have pressed against the screen to cause the damage.
  3. capathy21 macrumors 65816


    Jun 16, 2014
    Houston, Texas
    Yea unfortunately that is impact related damage. Something could have hit it, or fell on it, or someone could have sat on it. Either way it's not going to be cheap to repair. May need to replace.
  4. beaumcginnis thread starter macrumors newbie

    Oct 2, 2014
    Here's a picture of my screen without it on... I've looked over the screen, and I cannot find anything.

    Attached Files:

  5. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

    Jessica Lares

    Oct 31, 2009
    Near Dallas, Texas, USA
    The quickest fix right now would be to go to Best Buy and pick up the VGA or HDMI adapter that works with the Thunderbolt/miniDisplay port and find a friend (or grab these things around your house) that has a monitor, keyboard, and mouse you can use.

    You could still use your trackpad and keyboard, but it might be weird for you. You take that to an Apple Store today and they're going to have you keep it there to send off most likely.

Share This Page